Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I'm back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hero999

Banned
I finally found a new job so I decided to return, but don't expect me to by posting as much as I used to.

And you are who? :confused:
And you did what here before? :rolleyes:

Just kidding! good to have you back. :)

Good luck.

Info would be nice. (Job, What or Who?)

Welcome back Hero.

Good luck with the new job and I look forward to reading your posts again.

I used to work at Lockheed Martin (a defence company) and have been unemployed for six months after taking voluntary redundancy, I thought I had another job offer but that fell through.

I now work at a company which makes valves (the mechanical type :D). It's longer hours for less pay and I'm not using my qualifications and experience but it does seem like a better place to work, although it's too early to really say because I've only worked one day.

I don't want to give too much information about my current employer in case I moan about them in futures. :D

To be honest after seeing the cold in stocking thread by Sceadwian, I'm in two minds whether to carry on posting here but I'll see how it goes.

And here I thought for some reason you were banned, permanently. Or maybe it was a temp. ban awhile back?

I'd taken some time off from the board just to. . .well, have more time for other things. . .and so I didn't know you'd been gone. Glad to see you're back; you're one of the more important posters on the board IMHO.

Welcome back! I for one hope you do stick around.

Torben

I was banned for a month, I don't think I deserved it but I don't want to go through it again, search through some of my last posts if you're really interested.

I'll see how the job goes. To be honest I'm not sure if I want a high paid job designing stuff. I was on track to do that awhile ago but I didn't like all the report writing an I witnessed the some of the stress the senior engineers had to endure.

Is it like that at any company?

I could invest my time and money in studying for another two years get a degree but I don't like the the kind of job it would enable me to get, it's not worth it.

Is it really worth the money though?

I hardly spend any money so it's not a problem for me. There are many things I don't have because I don't want them not because I haven't go the money.

I'm starting to reassess things in life. What makes you successful? Is it money, women, achievements etc. or is it just how happy you are?

I wouldn't say I'm completely fulfilled but I'm not quite as depressed as I used to be.

Welcome back Hero :)

Is it like that at any company?
There is a reason why the Dilbert cartoons are so popular. :D
Welcome back!

What makes you successful? Is it money, women, achievements etc. or is it just how happy you are?
The latter in my mind. But then it depends on what makes you "happy".

Welcome to the HERO !! we hope to see your posts from now and WISH YOU all the best for a happy NEW DECADE starting 2010.

probably it's when Mike commented "we lost Hero99 due to heavy moderation" that prompted you to rejoin? Anyway if it is so, good for Mike to DO so!!!
Huanyin Hero!! (Chinese for welcome Hero!!)

I should report the non-English in your post to a moderator so they can remove it.:D

I returned because I became employed - I said when I left that I might return when I get a job but that was five months ago and I don't expect anyone to remember.

I see your making quick use of the forum.

Your going to double your post count in one day.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back