ignition box needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

moe7404

moe in wichita ks moe7404@att.net

iam new here, i have tinkering with electronics from the early 70s. in 2002 i went to electronics school, mostly cause i wanted to learn it right. i have built a few projects, and some repair, linksys 2.4 gh broadband, only if someone has designed it. i need to do a project, one i cant find, its a electronic ignition for a garden tractor. a 1975 Case 446, 12 volt neg ground, onan bf 2 cyl opposed cyl. 16 hp 3600 rpm. one set of points, one coil 2 high voltage wires, primary resistance 3.87 ohm to 4.73 ohms, secondary res. 12,600-15,400 ohms. each firing has one wasted spark ie exhaust stroke. it has no distributor. it has a box with one set of points, that fire at 25 deg btdc. a rod comes up from the camshaft and pushes on the points that is in the box. i would like to build a photo beam in the box that will get tripped by the rod, that will signal an electronic box that will fire the coil. basicly i need an electronic box designed.

points of design: some i have to do some the electronics enginer has to do.

1 electronic parts must be easy to get. :designer
2. i can figure out the board, box, wiring : me
3. iam having trouble with my printer, so we will have to use snaill mail. :both
4. i have a factory service manual so i can copy any info needed : me
5 do i need to know who much amps the coil pulls? :me

iam not in a big hurry. thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…