Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ideas welcome:- Power failure dead circuit :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the USA they would be common in industrial electronics. I have no idea what vendors you have access to in India. Not sure if you would be interested in dealing with international vendors/shipping.

Ken

In the USA they would be common in industrial electronics. I have no idea what vendors you have access to in India. Not sure if you would be interested in dealing with international vendors/shipping.

Ken

It should be available here with Industrial components dealers, but surely 5-10 times costlier than a low voltage DC relay I assume. I'd go for a better method. I can get a thrown away 5v mobile charger smps, so just use it with a 6v relay that is ready in my hand. Else I may use a transformer at the worst case.

Thanks all.

It should be available here with Industrial components dealers, but surely 5-10 times costlier than a low voltage DC relay I assume. I'd go for a better method. I can get a thrown away 5v mobile charger smps, so just use it with a 6v relay that is ready in my hand. Else I may use a transformer at the worst case.

Thanks all.
That would work! Junked wall warts are great for this kind of project.

Ken

Implementation Successful!

That would work! Junked wall warts are great for this kind of project.

Ken

I'm glad to inform you all that I have done this project today with 100% satisfaction :)

Actually I was running bit out of time recently, so postponed this cool little project always whenever I think about it ;)

I used a junk 5V travel SMPS charger with a 5V miniature relay and a 'calling bell' type switch for the trigger/reset that could mounted easily on the box -which avoided extra works such as making holes for the push button switch.

SMPS is having the indicator, which I simply shown out through a small hole that gives a cool indication of the latching unit.

Attached is the images which shows on charging the wizard one with 2 eneloops! So from the coming new year onwards I should be having more faithful charging processes. Thanks for looking. Pretty happy :)
c2c_latching_relay_3.gifResized-S7AQE.jpgResized-TX9JX.jpgResized-5CTX3.jpg

Good to hear that you got around to successfully finishing the litle project and it is working well.

Earlier on in this thread, there was discussion about how the charger was not made with the Indian elecrtical system in mind.
Any charger which resets to a default which gives the maximum output current is a bad design.

Any public electrical supply is prone to short interruptions, even in developed countries like Scotland, and dare I say it the "Land of Milk and Honey" (Canada) where even the back-up has a back-up. Or so we are led to believe.:rolleyes:

JimB

Any public electrical supply is prone to short interruptions, even in developed countries like Scotland, and dare I say it the "Land of Milk and Honey" (Canada) where even the back-up has a back-up. Or so we are led to believe.:rolleyes:
I am in the English speaking part of the "Land of Milk and Honey" (Canada). Yes of course we have backups for our power.
A while ago there was a high wind storm that collapsed the French speaking side of the electrical system that had NO backups and ours continued working without interruption. On the French speaking side a few of their bridges collapsed and killed people due to NO maintennance. Our bridges are properly maintained and/or are replaced.

In the UK we used to have a TV program called "Grumpy Old Men" AG you would have been perfect in it. :p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back