Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

IC decade counter Q..

Status
Not open for further replies.

BTDe

Hi World

i am using a decade counter 74LS90 in my freq. counter but do not know what to do with the pins, MR1, MR2 and MS1, MS2. should they all be kept high or low when the decade counter counts the clock pulses appllied to the CP0 pin. further more what should i do with the CP1 pin.

thanks

Hi,
Heres a link to the datasheet which is very useful and has EVERYTHING you need to know therein. Tie CP1 to Q0. One option is to bring the (clean!! (debounced)) count signal to CP0, then tie MR1 and MS1 to ground. Dont bring ANY of the master resets or sets to high for your application. Look at the MODE SELECTION chart on the datasheet.

https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2006/03/74ls90.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back