Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to use a TDA7052 IC properly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sr13579

After a massive crash on LM386 I moved on to TDA7052. This is a very good IC so far. I want to make sound boxes and sell them. That is why I want to know more info than datasheet if available. I have some questions though:
1. How to secure the connection to reduce noise?
2. How to protect the IC from heating?
3. Which capacitors should be used?
4. How to smoothen the sound?
5. Which is the appropriate speaker for the IC?

The TDA7052 is obsolete and is not made anymore. The largest electronic parts distributor (Digikey) in the US does not have any. ebay might sell fake ones.

Answers to your questions:
1) Please describe the noise. Is it low frequency hum or high frequency hiss?
2) It is normal for it to heat when it produces output power. But its maximum output power is low so it will get hot only when it is overloaded with a supply voltage too high or a speaker impedance too low.
3) The datasheet shows that it needs a 220uF and a 100nF supply bypass capacitors. It might get very hot without these important capacitors. The datasheet for the TDA7052A shows a 0.47uF input capacitor.
4) The sound is very smooth if the output level is not too high which produces clipping.
5) The speaker? You must read its datasheet to see.

What happened to your LM386? It is still available but maybe not for long because Digikey says, "Last time buy".

Answers to your questions:
1) Please describe the noise. Is it low frequency hum or high frequency hiss?
2) It is normal for it to heat when it produces output power. But its maximum output power is low so it will get hot only when it is overloaded with a supply voltage too high or a speaker impedance too low.
4) The sound is very smooth if the output level is not too high which produces clipping.
What happened to your LM386? It is still available but maybe not for long because Digikey says, "Last time buy".
Thanks A,
I live in Bangladesh. Here we can find a lot of obsolete ICs here and there because it seems they are still producing. I am not sire why TDA7052 is an obsolete one because a lot of TV sound system still requires TDA7052.
The noise and hissing is hapening when I am trying to increase the volume from my mobile.And about LM386, I don't know if they are the original one. And I have no info about Digikeys or who they are.
Do you have a better suggestion osf IC?

I have seen many TVs but none used the very low power TDA7052, they all have much higher output power ICs.
Texas Instruments (look on their website) make many modern audio amplifier ICs that might not be available in your country.

I have seen many TVs but none used the very low power TDA7052, they all have much higher output power ICs.
Texas Instruments (look on their website) make many modern audio amplifier ICs that might not be available in your country.
Can you suggest me some?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back