How to switch several wirings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

boncker

Hi guys,

I have a project that will be switched a lot of wirings that go to led displays. When I need to change the information in the displays, the new information will come from another circuit.

A basic example is in led displays of digital clocks I have the time showing and when you press and hold a button the displays change to show the temperature.

So, what is the best method to switch these wirings? Transistors, multiplexers, serial transmission?

Thanks a lot!

I would suggest the easiest way ISN'T to switch the display, but to change the data being send to it. This wouldn't be a solution if you're trying to join two commercial units together - but if you're building it yourself then it's the obvious way to do it.

As I see it the obvious solution is a PIC, it can be programmed to act as a clock, and a thermometer, and you simply switch between the data as you wish - this is how commercial units do it (although they may use other micro-controllers).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…