Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to switch several wirings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

boncker

Hi guys,

I have a project that will be switched a lot of wirings that go to led displays. When I need to change the information in the displays, the new information will come from another circuit.

A basic example is in led displays of digital clocks I have the time showing and when you press and hold a button the displays change to show the temperature.

So, what is the best method to switch these wirings? Transistors, multiplexers, serial transmission?

Thanks a lot!

I would suggest the easiest way ISN'T to switch the display, but to change the data being send to it. This wouldn't be a solution if you're trying to join two commercial units together - but if you're building it yourself then it's the obvious way to do it.

As I see it the obvious solution is a PIC, it can be programmed to act as a clock, and a thermometer, and you simply switch between the data as you wish - this is how commercial units do it (although they may use other micro-controllers).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back