Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to: ON for a period of time and then OFF for a similar period of time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barko

Hi,

I need some advise on how to on the switch On the button to make a actuator/solenoir open two latches at the same time that takes about 5 sec of
power to open and then when I power Off to reverse the latches for 5 sec untill
closed again.

All advise appreciated.

Do you mean mechanical latches or electronic ones (i.e. bistable circuits) ?
How is the actuator/solenoid connected to or driving the latches?
What voltages/currents do the actuator/solenoid/latches require?

I kinda think I know what he's after. Probably a kin to a power door lock actuator on a car. Voltage and currents (close anyway) are required.

e.g. An On/Off switch controls the direction of the power applied to the actuators for 5 seconds. The voltage is ____ DC/AC and the current is less than ____ Amps. They Do/Don't have limit switches. They are motors/solenoids. They will/will not get upset if power is continuously applied. The power supplies available are ____ AC/DC. This is for a automotive/whatever environment.

Seeif you can answer the above.

What you didn't ask for, but possibly simpler is to use a Center off spring return switch and you just have to push it for 5 seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back