Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to make an Oscillator for AM radio transmitter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sr13579

I was looking for an 1MHz oscillator for AM radio transmitter circuit. But I couldn't find one with the 4 pin crystal quartz oscillator. How to make an oscillator by myself with basic electronics materials? Any Circuit or ideas?

Do you have a license to operate a radio transmitter on the AM broadcast band that will not cause interference to other radio stations or other frequencies?
A very low power AM radio transmitter might transmit as far as across the street but it can cause interference to a neighbour who is listening to an AM radio station, then it is illegal.

upload_2018-4-12_9-7-14.jpeg

Almost every company that makes crystal oscillators makes one at 1mhz. I order through digikey.com
What country are you in?
540 to 1600 kHz Any frequency in this range. You should look for a frequency that is not used in your area.
Is 1mhz open on your radio?

Here is some info about a crystal oscillator module:

Attachments

• crystal oscillator.png
    crystal oscillator.png
    203.3 KB · Views: 284
1MHz oscillator for AM radio transmitter circuit.
Do you any of the "oscillators in a can"?
We can show how to make a very simple one IC divide down circuit. (divide by 2, 4, 8, 16, 32....)
So a 16mhz oscillator is very common. One IC and you can have 1mhz.
Divide by numbers like 5 is harder and causes some problems.

View attachment 112260
Almost every company that makes crystal oscillators makes one at 1mhz. I order through digikey.com
What country are you in?
540 to 1600 kHz Any frequency in this range. You should look for a frequency that is not used in your area.
Is 1mhz open on your radio?

to the OP sr13579 ... be aware that these canned oscillators are square wave output ( designed for digital circuits)....
and therefore are full of harmonics and that isn't a good thing to connect an antenna to

Dave

I was looking for an 1MHz oscillator for AM radio transmitter circuit. But I couldn't find one with the 4 pin crystal quartz oscillator. How to make an oscillator by myself with basic electronics materials? Any Circuit or ideas?

Buy a "full can crystal oscillator" and a "555 Timer IC". Buy several of each , they are cheap and you will probably burn them up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back