Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to make a pure two sided sine wave generator with astable multivibrator?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sr13579

Hello again,
I wanted to make an oscillator that provodes a sine wave. I don't have an oscilloscope with me but I simulated this and found that the sine wave is always at positive side. I want to make sonething that can give me half positive side and half negative side sine wave using one sided square wave. Can you show me a circuit please?

There are many circuits that produce a sine wave. Please show your schematic.

Please sketch what you said:
1) sine wave is always at positive side.
2) half positive side.
3) half negative side.
4) one sided square wave.

If you square wave was unipolar (0V to some +V) and you filtered it to produce a sine-wave, then your sine-wave will also be 0V to some +V.

Assuming this, use an series capacitor to DC-block your output sine-wave or the source square-wave and that should fix the issue.

There words you are looking for are:
Two-sided => bipolar (-V to +V)
One-sided => unipolar (0V to +V)

There are many circuits that produce a sine wave. Please show your schematic.

Please sketch what you said:
1) sine wave is always at positive side.
2) half positive side.
3) half negative side.
4) one sided square wave.
Output sine wave is Half negative side and half positive side(2 and 3 both). I have added the circuit I was working on.

Attachments

• Sine-wave-generator-circuit-diagram-using-IC-4047_0.png
    Sine-wave-generator-circuit-diagram-using-IC-4047_0.png
    117.2 KB · Views: 411
If you square wave was unipolar (0V to some +V) and you filtered it to produce a sine-wave, then your sine-wave will also be 0V to some +V.

Assuming this, use an series capacitor to DC-block your output sine-wave or the source square-wave and that should fix the issue.

There words you are looking for are:
Two-sided => bipolar (-V to +V)
One-sided => unipolar (0V to +V)
I want the bipolar one.(Thanks for the information I am totally new at this)

Yeah, stick a largeish capactiro in series with the output. If it's a polarized capacitor, mind the polarity.

A capacitor blocks DC but passes AC. That is what you want, a coupling capacitor. Its value is simply calculated for the lowest frequency to pass without much loss.

Yeah, stick a largeish capactiro in series with the output. If it's a polarized capacitor, mind the polarity.
You also need a resistor to ground at the capacitor output.
10kΩ is a typical value.

Output sine wave is Half negative side and half positive side(2 and 3 both). I have added the circuit I was working on.
So that's what, a square-wave generator with a third-order low pass filter? Is that right? Not sure the quality of the sine wave you'll get out of this.

Some sinewave oscillators use a squarewave filtered by an 8th-order switched capacitor lowpass filter IC. I made a stepped sinewave from a CD4018 with a few resistors and filtered it with two 4th-order switched capacitor lowpass filter ICs and the distortion was so low I could not measure it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back