Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to converte 3-channel Tx to 3-channel Tx for simulator for Rc plane simulator?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ejector

Hello all,
i had a three channel Rc helicopter one for throttle and two for left and right. can someone tell me a trick or link to convert this Tx to Tx of Flight Simulator for rc plane?
Thanks

What brand Transmitter?

Is it a transceiver (two-way comm), or just a transmitter (one-way comm). A way to tell the difference is to look for a serial [or other] port on the device somewhere.

If it's a transceiver, you ought to be able to find a cable to hook it to your PC running the simulator software. Some set-ups require that you use a USB port and, from what I've seen, you'll end up needing a USB to RS232 convertor (plus another cable) to get it to work.

Hello Dear,
actually i had 3-channel infrared rc helicopter but i crashed it and its receiver was destroyed. as i told in my last post that my receiver is 3-channel receiver. one channel for throttle and other two are for left and right now when i have only the receive.now when i have only the receiver, i want to make it transmitter of a rc plane simulator.

I suspected it was infrared. They encode signals is quite differently from PWM-based radio systems. At least the ones I have dissected did. So, you would need to confront at least two major obstacles.

First, there is no place to pick up signals for the stick positions that will easily be converted to what is needed for the simulators. In fact, it is likely only one of the three IR controls is proportional. Simulators will need both sticks to be proportional.

Second, I am not aware of a three channel simulator. All of the modern ones use at least four channels to control pitch, roll, yaw, and throttle.

I suspect it would be easier to build a control box from scratch than to convert an IR box to control a simulator.

John

Last edited:
First of all, do you have the simulator program installed on your computer? Which program is it?

Second, have you searched Google or eBay for control boxes?

Finally, considering the control boxes are virtually give-aways, I wouldn't waste my time trying to build one. The individual components (like the gimbals) will cost more than a factory made unit.
John

I have a small 4-channel RC helicopter, the Blade msr. It weighs 1 ounce (28.3 grams) with battery.
It has a single main rotor (7" diameter)and a small tail rotor like real helicopters.
It has a gyroscope circuit that makes it easy to fly because it goes in a straight line or hovers without moving when you center the controls.

Attachments

• Blade msr.jpg
    Blade msr.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 92
I practised flying airplanes on two Microsoft Flight Simulator programs. My RC airplanes fly completely different because they are small.

Hand launch your RC airplane vertically so that you can practise manouvers up high without the ground jumping up and smacking it.
Here is my latest little RC airplane (16" wingspan) that has more thrust than its weight:

Attachments

• polecat.jpg
    polecat.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 88
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back