Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to convert ExpressPCB format file?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Ken, Not that we need their customers, it is their customers need us to help them. So I came here to ask you guys about the thing.

I think it's obvious by now that the feeling here is that what you are trying to do is at least unethical...if not illegal. And your justification is that the big boys do it?:

...I think it is even better if those multinational corporations who infringed patent sit here listening to you, isn't it?

Ken

I'm never cool with theft of peoples' property, real or intellectual.
Ken

I think you're very kind, if in China you will be called "JIAN YI YONG WEI" , it's a good word, I'd like to think the Collins dictionary would explain this word with: A good brave person who would like to help others.

I think it's obvious by now that the feeling here is that what you are trying to do is at least unethical...if not illegal. And your justification is that the big boys do it?:
Ken

I don't know. But I do not try to do bad thing, as long as I'm sure it really is a bad thing.

I can understand. But you have not explained my query: if their customers have paid this price enough, shouldn't those costomers be full and free right to export Gerber?
But that's the point we are trying to make. The customers of ExpressPCB did not pay any price, they used the software for free. Whether they expended effort to generate a PCB using that software is immaterial. They still do not have the right to use the software for other then it was intended.

I can understand. But you have not explained my query: if their customers have paid this price enough, shouldn't those costomers be full and free right to export Gerber?
No. The customer only has the rights that the software owner gives him. ExpressPCB will export the Gerber files at additional cost. That is their right.

Last edited:
But that's the point we are trying to make. The customers of ExpressPCB did not pay any price, they used the software for free. Whether they expended effort to generate a PCB using that software is immaterial. They still do not have the right to use the software for other then it was intended.

No. The customer only has the rights that the software owner gives him. ExpressPCB will export the Gerber files at additional cost. That is their right.

I can understand what you said. The authors of software have this kind of right to do this thing. I will learn about this. Thanks, everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back