Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to connect a dual coil relay ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stregoi

Hi, i am a very beginner in electronics, i am trying to make this circuit below. So when i push the first pushbutton, the motor should turn, and when i push the second push button the motor should turn in reverse.
as i can see from the schematics, they used a single coil DPDT, with 8 poles ( i think ) ... but i have a dual coil DPDT, with 10 poles ( TQ2-2L-5V ).
how can i use my DPDT relay instead of the one shown in the schmatics, i tried really, i cannot figure it out.
thanks

Attachments

• photo (7).JPG
    photo (7).JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 765
Hi, i am a very beginner in electronics, i am trying to make this circuit below. So when i push the first pushbutton, the motor should turn, and when i push the second push button the motor should turn in reverse.
as i can see from the schematics, they used a single coil DPDT, with 8 poles ( i think ) ... but i have a dual coil DPDT, with 10 poles ( TQ2-2L-5V ).
how can i use my DPDT relay instead of the one shown in the schmatics, i tried really, i cannot figure it out.
thanks

hi:)

It looks like the buttons in the schematic are momentary and the relay is a standard dpdt relay.

As long as the forward button is pressed (held down), the motor runs forward. The relay does not energize.
When the reverse button is pressed(held down), the relay energizes, contacts switch, and the motor runs reverse.

The relay you have is a DPDT latching relay, meaning, when one coil is energized, the contact will stay in its operated position until
the other coil is energized. The contacts will remain in their last operated position even if power is removed from the coil(s).

Link to relay:
https://www3.panasonic.biz/ac/e_download/control/relay/signal/catalog/mech_eng_tq.pdf

What kind of motor is that? Part number?

eT

Well, almost right: Dual coil magnetic latching relay requires a pulse of the proper polarity for set and reset. They maintain their position after a power failure. Revering the suggested polarity, reverses it's function. e.g +12 V pulse for set. -12 V pulse for reset.

Well, almost right: Dual coil magnetic latching relay requires a pulse of the proper polarity for set and reset. They maintain their position after a power failure. Revering the suggested polarity, reverses it's function. e.g +12 V pulse for set. -12 V pulse for reset.

We'll...I think that's true for single coil latching but the dual coils in this relay have independent terminal connections. So don't necessarily need to reverse polarity.

eT

Last edited:
No, it's just an option. e.g. a dual coil magnetic latching relay behaves like a single coil latching relay if you don't use one of the coils. e.g. polarity reversal, reverses state.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back