Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How do I combine separate circuits into one schematic (for project purposes)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

carrxarrot

I started the basics of PCB and doing schematics around 6 weeks ago in my Computer Engineering Drafting and Design class. We used EasyEDA online tool to create the SCH and PCB for our assignments/activities. Our project now is to combine the circuits that we have made before into one system so that it has multiple features. The problem is (being all honest as I can), is that I lack understanding in fundamental electrical and electronic circuits since we did everything online and no actual hands-on.

So, about my task, I need help on how I could combine these circuits into one schematic so that I could simulate it properly, and convert it into PCB and 3D output. I will also need to simulate it in other tools/softwares such as TinkerCAD.

So attached below are those circuits that I made using EasyEDA, I just don't know how to properly connect them together... Do I change or modify the components themselves or change the values? I have no problem making the schematic and PCB. I just lack idea and understanding about the connections between components.

My plan is to turn my Battery Monitoring Circuit, Water Level Indicator Circuit, and Blinking LED circuit into one whole system.. As in connected together.

Also, they are simply needed to be connected together without errors (such as netlist, drc, etc.) and one thing, it doesn't need to be actually connected in a way that one circuit will respond to the other... Only simply connected as is. It's not like the water indicator responds to the battery monitor since I honestly can't find the point of connecting the two together besides this is given to us as a task. As long as the circuit is working, its fine.

Sources (the individual circuits aren't originally mine) :

https://www.electronicshub.org/water-level-alarm-using-555-timer/

https://circuitdigest.com/electronic-circuits/battery-monitor-circuit

https://www.elprocus.com/blinking-led-using-555-timer-ic/

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220307-021127_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220307-021127_Gallery.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 217
  • Screenshot_20220307-021117_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220307-021117_Gallery.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 212
  • Screenshot_20220305-174429_Canvas Student.jpg
    Screenshot_20220305-174429_Canvas Student.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 237
Just draw all three in the same project.
The only common parts are ground, which will be automatically connected as they all use the ground symbol (and net), and power.

If you label all three positive power connections with the same net connection name, eg. +9V, they will also be connected.

You need to change the values of R4, R5 & R6 in the water level section though, as they are rather too low.
I'd make them eg. 330 or 470 Ohm, so the current is not excessive when powered from a 9V battery.

Just draw all three in the same project.
The only common parts are ground, which will be automatically connected as they all use the ground symbol (and net), and power.

If you label all three positive power connections with the same net connection name, eg. +9V, they will also be connected.

You need to change the values of R4, R5 & R6 in the water level section though, as they are rather too low.
I'd make them eg. 330 or 470 Ohm, so the current is not excessive when powered from a 9V battery.
Thanks! By the way when you said change the values of the resistors in the water level section do you mean these? (screenshot below):

My apologies as well as I forgot to add the vcc and gnd symbol for this water level indicator circuit.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220307-220128_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220307-220128_Gallery.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 208
By the way when you said change the values of the resistors in the water level section do you mean these?
No, sorry - I was looking at the version above that with three LEDs, from the web page link...

The 555 version may need a higher resistor for R1 (eg. 10K) if it's not sensitive enough, but try it as it is to start with.

Assuming your projects have different owners, you can transfer a schematic via the source (a json file). Can't access it ATM so not sure of the exact menu name.

Mike.
Edit it's Menu file->File Source

Last edited:
suggest using a pot for the water level circuit. Like an automotive fuel gage sensor.
can you use more than one 555 in the project?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back