High Power LED Dimmer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not high power LEDs, but you have 36 of them. That's a high power circuit. PWM would be the more efficient method.

Ok!
Thank you very muuuuchhhh!!
I'll order the parts right now and I'll post here as soon as I put everything together!

If you ever need help with video editing/pascal programming, just let me know!

And again, thanks a lot!

Last edited:
Ah! What about the resistor? 1/4w?
Thanks again!

Edit:
Ouch! They don't have the TIP120 on stock
What should I do now? Can I use the TIP110 instead?

Last edited:
shailendra

dear friends ,

i am designing a project of led driver for three types of led 1200 .i designed a circuit of parallel and series combination and used resistors.
now my problem is that for application it is required to continue on all the led for 9 -10 hours

so i dont think that there is the requirement of PWM dimmer can i use dierectly a potentiometer for dimming or i have to design pwm circuit.

please reply ASAP

regards
shailendra

I'll answer with my basic knowledge...
I believe if you use the potentiometer directly the leds are going to burn quickly, since you cannot control both current and voltage using a single potentiometer!

thanks

for your quick response.Now if i wants to continue on all these leds for more than 8 to 9 days on the full current and voltage .there may be some damages due heating or not ?
and what should i do for regulation of current and voltage both

regards
shailendra tripathi

Hm... If you're using the PMW Dimmer Circuit developed by ronv, you should probably use a heatsink and maybe a small fan. Ronv recommended that I use a heatsink.

A cheap poor quality LED can look bright when its case focusses the light beam into a narrow angle.
Good LEDs are bright over a wide angle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…