Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

High Power LED Dimmer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not high power LEDs, but you have 36 of them. That's a high power circuit. PWM would be the more efficient method.

Ok! :)
Thank you very muuuuchhhh!!
I'll order the parts right now and I'll post here as soon as I put everything together!

If you ever need help with video editing/pascal programming, just let me know!

And again, thanks a lot!

Last edited:
Ah! What about the resistor? 1/4w?
Thanks again!

Edit:
Ouch! They don't have the TIP120 on stock :(
What should I do now? Can I use the TIP110 instead?

Last edited:
shailendra

dear friends ,

i am designing a project of led driver for three types of led 1200 .i designed a circuit of parallel and series combination and used resistors.
now my problem is that for application it is required to continue on all the led for 9 -10 hours

so i dont think that there is the requirement of PWM dimmer can i use dierectly a potentiometer for dimming or i have to design pwm circuit.

please reply ASAP

regards
shailendra

I'll answer with my basic knowledge...
I believe if you use the potentiometer directly the leds are going to burn quickly, since you cannot control both current and voltage using a single potentiometer! :)

thanks

for your quick response.Now if i wants to continue on all these leds for more than 8 to 9 days on the full current and voltage .there may be some damages due heating or not ?
and what should i do for regulation of current and voltage both

regards
shailendra tripathi

Hm... If you're using the PMW Dimmer Circuit developed by ronv, you should probably use a heatsink and maybe a small fan. Ronv recommended that I use a heatsink.

A cheap poor quality LED can look bright when its case focusses the light beam into a narrow angle.
Good LEDs are bright over a wide angle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back