Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help with the RS232 standard

Status
Not open for further replies.

chagz

Can anyone tell me what the RS232 standard is. And if possible, I also need to know any sites that i can use to research about it.

Had this been posted anywhere but in homework help I could see the point in your reply. I feel that in homework help we should do better then that.

Several decades ago the "Electronics Industry Association" (EIA) produced standards for RS485, RS422, RS232, and RS423 that deal with data communications.

RS232 was used for non-synchronous serial communication between computer and other equipment like monitors, printers, and modems. In recent years RS232 has been replaced by a newer serial standard USB.

For more info on RS232 seeThe RS232 Standard

Last edited:
Had this been posted anywhere but in homework help I could see the point in your reply. I feel that in homework help we should do better then that.
I agree it may have been a little rude on my behalf. But the results of the search cover the subject extensively (even just the first 2 hits).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back