Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help with flat earth facts and English language.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand but, playing dumb for just attention or circular arguments sake seems like pretty low fruit to being going after, don't you think?

If you have psych minor you should be aware of what that says about a person's views of self and their place/value in their society, right? :(

I think it means that I took enough Psych classes to get a teaching certificate in Minnesota - they just give away those Psych minors there.

I think it means that I took enough Psych classes to get a teaching certificate in Minnesota - they just give away those Psych minors there.

Okay? Without claiming deflectionism to get out of answering my possible self incriminating question, That's relevant to and validates what how?

Was the degree gotten when when Sigmund Freud was the big name in things or more recently, like Albert Bandura or even Jordan Peterson timeline recent? :confused:

Went back and played with Eratosthenes today. There are a number of different ways to do this experiment. With a little work the diameter of the Sun is also derived.
upload_2018-4-24_20-13-33.png

In 1906 (more or less) Wilbur Glenn Voliva from Zion City IL USA, did the math.
If the world is a 24000 mile diameter flat disk, then the same math puts the Sun at 3000 miles. (Sun is 32 miles across)
upload_2018-4-24_20-15-1.png

Another way of thinking about Eratosthenes, look at the shadows of the poles.
upload_2018-4-24_20-24-28.png

Another way of thinking about Voliva, look at the shadows of the poles.
upload_2018-4-24_20-27-45.png

As I said to the tax man; "given enough math and enough numbers I can prove anything".

Went back and played with Eratosthenes today. There are a number of different ways to do this experiment. With a little work the diameter of the Sun is also derived.
View attachment 112549
If the world is a 24000 mile diameter flat disk, then the same math puts the Sun at 3000 miles. (Sun is 32 miles across)
View attachment 112550
View attachment 112551
View attachment 112552
As I said to the tax man; "given enough math and enough numbers I can prove anything".

I was just in the Caribbean and got to see a very short shadow - just 4° - it looks very strange to see your shadow only at your ankles!

Reminds me of one of my supposedly higher math classes back in the early 2000's during my second trip though the system.

For about week my class went over what I term BS fantasy math being that none of it added up and all of it could be easily disproved with basic real math.

One day we were working our way through the deep end of the BS fantasy equations that supposedly could make any real number equal to any other real number and my hippie professor said that it's a great equation that is very useful in real life.

I then called him out on it and asked if he could prove it.

He said, sure! So asked how so I asked if he was free after class.

He was so I said, I would like you to go with me to my bank and use this equation to prove to them that my $50 in my checking account was equal to$50 million and if he could convince them it was using those equations I would sign over half right there. :D

Lets just say neither of us became instant millionaires and the class had a really hard laugh at his assertions that it was a real equation that could be used in real life for real life problems. :rolleyes:

I'm not sure anyone has mentioned the most convincing argument against Flat Earth yet....

4e3.jpg

Okay? Without claiming deflectionism to get out of answering my possible self incriminating question, That's relevant to and validates what how?

Was the degree gotten when when Sigmund Freud was the big name in things or more recently, like Albert Bandura or even Jordan Peterson timeline recent? :confused:

Do you have a friend or family member who has made their way through a university degree? Ask them about a Minor degree. Once you understand that, I'll be happy to discuss my posts on Psychology.

I was just in the Caribbean and got to see a very short shadow - just 4°
Never been that South. I have been North and seen my shadow, at noon, extend to the horizon. Have seen Sun light at 2am.
Went back and played with Eratosthenes today.
First time we studied Eratosthenes and the round Earth, I said you assume too many things:
The Sun is near infinity away.
Sun light is parallel, does not spread out like from a candle.
The Earth is round.
In school, "Earth, Sun proves round and this size". "now we know the Earth's size so we now can find the size and distance of everything" I said "If we don't really know Earth size then we don't know anything". There are other shapes for Earth (flat for one) that makes the Sun and Mood very different. "Shut up and sit down"

Do you have a friend or family member who has made their way through a university degree? Ask them about a Minor degree. Once you understand that, I'll be happy to discuss my posts on Psychology.

So getting a minor degree has no timeline, but only a location, of completion associated with when the class or study work was done? :rolleyes:

I'm pretty sure we all see where this is going now. Off the wagon and back to your old trolling and baiting games again huh?
No thanks. I know where this goes being it clear why you cant answer my questions and chose to deflect instead. Its clear you have no point and got nothing valid to work with and you know it. :(

BTW, To answer your question, all of my family has university degrees, some of us two or more including myself, so its a mute question to ask, or try to imply anything by what relevance anyone else in my families educational experience has to do with anything here, but I at least answered it just the same, since I have nothing to hide and no baiting or deflection game to play!:p

Last edited:
I'm not sure anyone has mentioned the most convincing argument against Flat Earth yet....

I'm still wanting to know why all the water hasn't leaked off out the side or bottom some place by now. :confused:

Or what stops the atmosphere and everything in it from being carried off over the edge either? :eek:

Same with seismic wave propagation testing and measurements that strongly imply a well defined spherical size and shape too. :rolleyes:

I was just in the Caribbean and got to see a very short shadow - just 4° - it looks very strange to see your shadow only at your ankles!

In the past, when we still used to take sun "fixes" with the sextant, trying to catch the sun at the very moment it was aligned with our own meridian and somewhere in the zenith (that is, precisely above you), you had to be quite quick to measure the sight correctly (looking in the right direction). We called that special condition, circunmeridiana.

Yes, the sun above you is strange for us here, as much as seeing at the same time (in Antártida) the sunset on your right and the sunrise on your left with the sun barely below the horizon.

I'm still wanting to know why all the water hasn't leaked off out the side or bottom some place by now. :confused:

Or what stops the atmosphere and everything in it from being carried off over the edge either? :eek:

Same with seismic wave propagation testing and measurements that strongly imply a well defined spherical size and shape too. :rolleyes:
It's surrounded by a giant wall.

It's surrounded by a giant wall.

Okay? That sort of answers one part but..... Disproves a bunch of other things. :p

If the earth is flat and the wall is so high it can hold back the atmosphere from spilling out why can't we see it from anywhere given it would have to be miles higher than any mountain top or attitude any air or space craft flies at? :facepalm:

Same with the geological aspects of leakage. What keeps everything liquid and gaseous in below the wall while also distorting the seismic and geo electrical waves to appear to be traveling through a spherical planet no matter where they are measured from in real time? :troll:

Okay? That sort of answers one part but..... Disproves a bunch of other things. :p

If the earth is flat and the wall is so high it can hold back the atmosphere from spilling out why can't we see it from anywhere given it would have to be miles higher than any mountain top or attitude any air or space craft flies at? :facepalm:

Same with the geological aspects of leakage. What keeps everything liquid and gaseous in below the wall while also distorting the seismic and geo electrical waves to appear to be traveling through a spherical planet no matter where they are measured from in real time? :troll:
You should know by now you can't use logic with these people :p

You should know by now you can't use logic with these people :p

I know, but in the good fun of the thread they seemed like valid points of contention simply because the logic behind the flat earth concept self refutes no matter which way its argued and the deeper anyone digs into the what and how we do measure our planet's spherical shape with a multitude of different well known and understood Earth sciences just breaks down the flat earth theory that much more.

If they're argued for its proof one way it invalidates other assumed confirmations another way, unless some wildly imaginative unknown unprovable forces are factored into both sides of the equations to explain things and even then the odds are those unknown forces will still have self contradicting qualities when viewed from different logical perspectives too.

View attachment 112549
View attachment 112550
View attachment 112551
View attachment 112552

That tax man just asked about the highest point on earth (measured from the center of earth). Hint it is not Everest - not by a long shot.

The summit of the Chimborazo is the fixed point on Earth which has the utmost distance from the center – because of the modified ball shape of the planet Earth which is "thicker" around the Equator than measured around the poles.[note 3] Chimborazo is one degree south of the Equator and the Earth's diameter at the Equator is greater than at the latitude of Everest (8,848 m (29,029 ft) above sea level), nearly 28° north, with sea level also elevated. Despite being 2,580 m (8,465 ft) lower in elevation above sea level, it is 6,384.4 km (3,967.1 mi) from the Earth's centre, 2,168 m (7,113 ft) or 2.168 km (1.347 mi) farther than the summit of Everest (6,382.3 km (3,965.8 mi) from the Earth's center).[note 4] However, by the criterion of elevation above sea level, Chimborazo is not even the highest peak of the Andes.​

btw, Volivo is easily disproven by measuring trajectories of artillery fire. the Coriolis effect at the south pole would be gigantic, and nearly nonexistent at the north pole. instead, coriolis effect is very small at the poles, and very large at the equator. that, plus cats haven't pushed everything not nailed down to the south pole and off into space.

i never see any actual math with any of these flat earth arguments, they are always based on interpretations of observations that don't quite fit with other observations. i'm going to make a guess that if there is some math behind flat-earth theory, that somebody somewhere divided by zero while factoring an equation (like in the "a=b :. 2=1" puzzle).

another problem arises because of the "3000 miles to the sun", and that's the fact that we can measure the surface temperature of the sun, and if we were only 3000 miles from it, we wouldn't be here (even if it were proportionally smaller).

Last edited:
another problem arises because of the "3000 miles to the sun", and that's the fact that we can measure the surface temperature of the sun, and if we were only 3000 miles from it, we wouldn't be here
You probably think the Sun is 864,337.3 miles across and produces large amounts of power.
The 3000 mile Sun is 32 miles across and produces a much much smaller amount of power. Proportionally it produces the right amount of power to heat the Earth. The math does work.

Go back to post #203 and you can do the math. There is no divide by zero.

A simple no math way of looking at the 30 mile verses the 860,000 mile Sun:
Read about the great navel battles of WWII. Several times some one said; "Captain, it is either a very large ship a long way away or a small ship very close". Because "big/small & far/close" was wrong many ships and men are on the bottom.

that would have to be in the early part of the war in the Pacific, before radar was good enough to show the difference in size, and had the range to see targets up to 100+ miles away.
passes
also measurable are the velocities clouds of charged particles ejected from sunspots and CMEs, and the time it takes from an observed CME until the CME causes an aurora in the earth's atmosphere. the time delay from solar probes' radio transmissions are 8 minutes. unless that 3000 mile path passes through some zone where the laws of physics don't apply, the sun is 89.28 million miles away.

the orbits of planets, if the earth were flat, and the universe geocentric, follow paths with loops and reversals in them, which can't be explained by the laws of physics.

the orbits of planets, if the earth were flat, and the universe geocentric, follow paths with loops and reversals in them, which can't be explained by the laws of physics.

Easily explained by: ;)
Picture5.jpg

dreams_epicycles.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back