Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help with flat earth facts and English language.

Status
Not open for further replies.

misterT

Most Helpful Member
Hello

So, it is weekend. I had this idea of making fun of flat earth "movement". The idea is to draw two pictures about how gravity works.

Picture 1 explains how gravity works on a big planet. My simple understanding is that you are pulled towards the mass-center of object.. always. Is this simple fact correct?

Picture 2 shows how human experiences the gravitational field of a disc-shape planet. When you walk towards the edge you feel like you are climbing up steeper and steeper hill. So, for a human the experience is more like living in a bowl.

Picture 3 shows how human experiences gravitation on a spherical planet. You are always pulled toward the ground. So, walking around the globe feels like walking on flat surface.

What do you think.. worth making a funny "infographic"? I need help expressing those things punctually in english.

you are pulled towards the mass-center of object..
One of the problems; you assume your audience knows physics. Try explaining round earth "theory" to a cat.

In the US there are at least two reasons to believe flat earth.
>No one wants to pay tax so school funding had dropped each year until the point where simple things are not tough.
>Bible school funding is going up.
>>In the bible the sky sits on the ground. At the horizon the sky does seem to meet the earth.
>>Bible again; The earth is flat and round. Like a dish or Frisbee. If you are in the desert or ocean you can see 40 miles in all directions. The earth appears to be flat/round and the sky appears to be a dome sitting on the ground all around you. Remember the God(s) walk on the hard sky, which holds most of the water. Water, grain, blessings are kept in the sky and are sent to us through the windows in the sky. The bible is true, which leaves physics as not true.
>FOX news is always true. Any idea on the internet is true. The CIA is trying to hide the true nature of the earth from you. For the low low sum of $10.95 a month I will sent you a news letter telling you what the CIA does not want you to know.

You can not successfully argue with ignorance and/or the bible.

This is what I came up with..
Gravity.png

One of the problems; you assume your audience knows physics. Try explaining round earth "theory" to a cat.

In the US there are at least two reasons to believe flat earth.
>No one wants to pay tax so school funding had dropped each year until the point where simple things are not tough.
>Bible school funding is going up.
>>In the bible the sky sits on the ground. At the horizon the sky does seem to meet the earth.
>>Bible again; The earth is flat and round. Like a dish or Frisbee. If you are in the desert or ocean you can see 40 miles in all directions. The earth appears to be flat/round and the sky appears to be a dome sitting on the ground all around you. Remember the God(s) walk on the hard sky, which holds most of the water. Water, grain, blessings are kept in the sky and are sent to us through the windows in the sky. The bible is true, which leaves physics as not true.
>FOX news is always true. Any idea on the internet is true. The CIA is trying to hide the true nature of the earth from you. For the low low sum of $10.95 a month I will sent you a news letter telling you what the CIA does not want you to know.

You can not successfully argue with ignorance and/or the bible.
To be fair, the Bible should not be considered a reason for believing the Flat Earth theory. The language used in the Bible was only used so that people of that time would understand the concepts of the religion based on their understanding of the world. They did not know that the earth was round, so that is why the language used reflected that ("The four corners of the earth", "As far as the east is from the west", etc).

I'm betting that 99.9% of people who believe in the Bible also know that the earth is round, not flat.

For too long I have promoted this theory/fact. :) Hollow earth, Universe in the center, time warp in the center.
The point in the exercise; to show if you look at only one set of data at a time you can show any garbage is true. You need to look at all the available data, a totality of information.
upload_2018-4-8_7-31-26.png

I had this idea of making fun of flat earth "movement".

Unfortunately you're dealing with arrogant half-wit fools and their pride and those things have no bounds or known limits, rather like hell where no matter how bad you make something someone will figure out a way to make it worse.

Science and rational logical thought have limits but foolish arrogant pride and it's misunderstandings, and the grossly over reaching and oversimplified generalizations it makes of reality, does not therefore they can be wrong about everything they say and believe and still feel they won even when its clear they lost on every level.

The best you can do is study their actions and beliefs and tie them in knots with their own logic until they loose control and blow up at you emotionally then throw that failure back at them and make them eat it. Out troll the trolls from the inside out using their own game rules and logic. ;)

Pictures of a round earth are "photo shopped".
For some reason other planets are round. Sun and moon are round. Can see that.
Why is it that the earth is the only flat item in space.
upload_2018-4-8_9-35-34.jpeg

I'm betting that 99.9% of people who believe in the Bible also know that the earth is round, not flat.

Unfortunately, facts like that are not what those types of people base their arguments on. Its that .1 %, they've never actually interacted with or even know actually exist, feel represent the whole of everyone who admits to knowing or following any core belief that is biblically relatable even if its one they themselves use.

Beyond that it's just the continual action of trying to put their words in everyone else's mouths to further justify that everyone doesn't know what they are talking about even when it's them who are doing the actual talking.

'You're stupid because I insist you said something stupid, I made up because it fits my false narratives, when in fact you never did and we both know it.' sort of reasoning. You have to be the bad guy because the only other solution is that I am an idiot and a sore loser.

The rest is just them using the wordier game version of "I know you are but what am I?" in an infinite loop to wear you down so that they can claim victory by - last word said- forfeit even if the last word they said (and all that came before it) just proves how unbelievably ignorant shallow and childish sore loser like their core beliefs and agendas are. ;)

12 cognitive biases to be aware of when dealing with those people. When you know what weapon your opponent is using then disarming them becomes far simpler and easier.

Also know thy opponents proficiency or weaknesses and don't be afraid to use them to your advantage whenever possible, especially if you can turn their lack of emotional control back on them, which withe flat earth crowd they are far from being emotionally mature and capable of functioning in reality to begin with.

If they keep proclaiming you had emotional responses (you didn't actually have) the odds are they have very little emotional range control so use it to your advantage and start prying at that stone until it comes loose and their whole defensive wall falls down for it. :D

Last edited:
There are no flat earth believers. They are just idiots trolling for a response. Stop giving them the time of day.

Mike.
That's what I thought at first too, but sadly I actually think some of them are seriously that stupid.

There are no flat earth believers. They are just idiots trolling for a response. Stop giving them the time of day.

Mike.

It depends on what game you want to play. Ignoring them is the easy option but there no sense of satisfaction that goes with it.

But, if you're up to the challenge, there's a ton of fun in giving them what they want but in the worst possible ways imaginable and, although, you may not teach any of them damn thing, you will learn more about a wide range of topics plus develop the skills to deal with legitimately arrogantly stupid people, and the problems they bring to everyone, and shut them down hard with minimal effort, because you know there game as well or better than they do, plus you also know reality way way better than they do. ;)

That's what I thought at first too, but sadly I actually think some of them are seriously that stupid.

Proud blind arrogant stupidity is the game anyone with no skill, knowledge or functional brain's and self respect can play hence it's immense popularity with people who aren't going anywhere good with their lives.

All it requires is proud blind group think majority rule to feel like your winning even if you're in fact losing everything in the long game bigger picture, of to whom and what agenda actually best profits from your useful stupidity, and it's never the people and agenda a smart informed person would ever want running things for themself or anyone ever. :(

I should go and report back.
https://www.denverpost.com/2017/07/07/colorado-earth-flat-gravity-hoax/
I am not fighting this battle. I am fighting the "universe is 6000 years old" battle.

It is impossible to convince anyone (including me) that they are wrong.

Given new revelations about what happened to end the last ice age ~12,500 years ago I am half tempted to think its a combination of incorrect and skewed early accounts and mistranslations from then to now that most of it got based on.

If you have watched any of the video links I have in my other thread, https://www.electro-tech-online.com/threads/that-other-sciencey-stuff.153367/, (first few videos) that relate to prehistory and the major global catastrophy events that happened ~ 8 - 13K years before at the end of the last major global ice age you do have to ponder on the likelyhood that as people understood things in ancent times that by their ability to understand prehistory there was no world they knew of before that.

Toss in poor understandings and accounts of general time passage over a few hundred generations and some bad math translations plus the near unavoidable factual drift of near 100% verbal story based historical account plus church politics battles that played out countless times along the way and it pretty easy to see where their numbers could have came from.

Even more so if you have enough dead blind faith at all costs believers running things for long enough that just compounds the errors in things as we see today with growing secs that will scream that their imaginations of reality are reality and that everyone else is wrong, even when they themselves constantly prove themselves and their beliefs wrong at every turn.

Is some nut job claiming that, even though they are biologically a mid 30's white male, they identify as a early 20's black female (because it fits their agenda and narrative that serves them gainfully at someone else's costs) any better than someone who simply claims a questionable historical timeline is true even though it doesn't add up by today's modern understandings of science, history and basic well established socio-cultural decency?

TBH the biggest problem proving the earth isnt flat but round is proving it, try and take someone to any point on the earth that isnt flat!! At no point can you stand on a curved bit, logic would say if it wasnt flat then at some point somewhere on the planet you would get a curved bit.

Then again take someone to CERN and stand them in the tunnel, then tell them its a circle.......

I dont have a problem with people thinking the earth is flat, i prefer that to people thinking free lunch exists :D. Out of interest are you pulled to the center of the mass or are you pulled to the outside edge of the mass? think of a spinning ball bearing, then mentally scale it up slowly in your mind. Would the center (dead center) be neutral? i am thinking of speed increase and force exerted with distance, like blades on a windturbine. They seem to turn slowly at the ends, but in reality some are traveling at close to 2oomph.

So atth tips you would experience more force than the middle?

If you really want to wind them up...... Tell them next Monday your starting a social media campaign to get everyone to stand on the right hand side on Christmas day!! Tell them if everyone does it then its going to tip over :D

Pictures of a round earth are "photo shopped".
For some reason other planets are round. Sun and moon are round. Can see that.
Why is it that the earth is the only flat item in space.
View attachment 112164
Thats flat!! I just printed it out to prove it, Ha you cant fool me

Proof: The earth is flat
if the grass is green then the earth is flat.

The grass is green

Thus the earth is flat.

Blame that on my philosophy class.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back