Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help With AC Connector for Induction Heating Unit

Status
Not open for further replies.

RyanRDB

Hey everyone,

I'm working on an application for an induction heating circuit. I need to find a suitable three-connection plug / jack for a connection between the capacitors and the working coil.

There is one positive and two ground connections & the resonating frequency is about 225 khz. It also draws 5 to 6 amps, max. I was wondering if someone could tell me what the best-suited (& most compact) connector would be for this purpose. Here are a few preferences:
- Compact shape (1/2" diameter or less)
- $3 each or less (planning on ordering 50-100)
- 6 amps (ac) rating

I tried a 3.5mm stereo jack (3 connections) just for the hell of it, but I’m assuming the connections aren’t robust enough to handle the current. My next thought was possibly a mini xlr plug, but the ones I’ve seen are a little bulkier than I'd like (larger than .5" diameter & a little long), and somewhat expensive (more than $3). Any other ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Connector Question Pic.png
    Connector Question Pic.png
    7.9 KB · Views: 129
If your looking fro soemthing a little more robust then look at anderson connectors they are primarily designed for connecting vehicle betteries and range from 10a to 1000a.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back