Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help with a IR circuit please!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

vish_beatle

Hey!

I'm working on a photoplethysmogrpah circuit.

I have an IR Transmitter-Receiver pair, and the output is either zero or a fixed value, i.e just two states. I want the output to vary.
For instance, if I were to insert a piece of paper, or my finger, I want a corresponding change in output. Rather like a finger plethysmograph.

Can anyone suggest to me what kind of biasing I shall have to provide.
Any further suggestions would be welcome of course!
Anybody?

thnx...ckt better!

thnx a lot for those replies...well actually i was using a photodiode.

now however, i have switched to a phototransistor.
i have an ir led-phototransistor ckt now.

i have to follow it up with an amplifier and a bandpass filter. i guess a gain of between 80-100 would be adequate for the amplifier. as i want to use opamps to deisgn them, could you suggest to me any precision opamps?

at present i have IC741, a very basic 8-pin opamp which has an offset voltage problem. so i guess i shall need a precision opamp...

well i went back to my old photodiode ckt...it worked fine!
i'm still getiing very small changes in voltage at the output so am planning on designing a filter with a gain of about 10...i'm doing it with an opamp...my lecturer sez it wud be gr8 if i cud design a s/w for it...
the idea is like this:

i hafta use the ckt on several ppl and make a sorta database...classify the ppl based on age, size of finger, etc. so in case of occlusion, some erratic reading will be observed in the output.

for that i need some s/w...i have heard of a few, diadem for instance...
any idea what i could use? i'm an undergraduate student, so buying some licensed software could be out of the question.
would it be possible for me to analyse the o/p using matlab? my college has the s/w...

thnx!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back