Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help pleaseeeeee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christon1987

Hello kind people, I need some help/information on a few things.

I need an adjustable timer relay for a 12v system, so that when i close the doors on my car and press the lock button the relay will put power to the windows so that they close. So in theory the relay will have 5 pins, 12v+, a ground, one to disable the relay, one where the trigger wire will connect and an output that will stay live for around 10 seconds.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks, but i need something that doesn't require soldering or PCB's.

i have attached a picture of what i need, the two boxes to the left are what i need. Is there a way that i can control the time with these?

Where can i get these relays from?

Also what parts would i need to create this circuit, in simple terms?

https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2008/08/LS7220.pdf

Attachments

• tccopy.jpg
    tccopy.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 119
You don't even have the relays? Man, you got some research on your hands. Try Digikey.com. A one shot is probably the simplest way to do it. It's just a 14 pin chip with a capacitor & a resistor. No biggy. Go to Radio Shack and pick up some proto-board and hand wire it.

What sort of resistors and capacitors will i need?

I'm sorry for sounding dumb. The only electrical things i've done before is wiring a few alarm systems in cars. So you may have to bare with me a little bit.

Also can anybody help me with the LS7220 Circuit. What exactly will i need to build it? I have an LS7220 ordered and a keypad.

The only electrical things i've done before is wiring a few alarm systems in cars.
I think you should have ordered a pre-built car alarm.
Also can anybody help me with the LS7220 Circuit. What exactly will i need to build it? I have an LS7220 ordered and a keypad.
Can you post a link to the Keypad you ordered? I suspect it may be the wrong type as most are in a matrix configuration.

What sort of resistors and capacitors will i need?

I'm sorry for sounding dumb. The only electrical things i've done before is wiring a few alarm systems in cars. So you may have to bare with me a little bit.

Just down load any of these data sheets. http://www.datasheetcatalog.org/cgi...type=C&text=74hc123&producedby=&action=Search

You should be able to find the other part there too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back