Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help needed plz

Status
Not open for further replies.

dk_hassan

I have got a single digit 7 segment display... its a big one and have 18pins... and with that i have got 7447 as driver IC... I've searched a lot but havnt got the pin configuration for 7segment (18pins) plz help..! thanks

yeh we need at least a product or manufacture number. if you still cant find a number look for any writing on it or mabey even a picture of it. if all else fails just get a 5v supply and put a 470Ω resistor on the positive side of the 5v output. place a terminal block on the other side of the resistor going to a long wire. get another wire and place it on the 0v on the supply. then just use trial and error to slowly work out the pins

Code:
-   ┌──────┐ +
┌───┤+5v   ├───┐
│   └──────┘  ┌┴┐
│             │ │
│             │ │  470Ω
│             │ │
│             └┬┘
│              └───── + to display
└──────────────────── - to display

Last edited:
You seem to have a dual seven segment display. Just do what 3lectrokid advised and check the pins manually. Do not forget the resistor k.Also have you any idea that is it common anode or common cathode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back