Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ampro Stylist 16mm projector advice needed

Just acquired an Ampro Stylist 16mm projector. Strangely, the amp seems to work fine, but the main motor won't work. There is only one fuse and that is for the amp, so is obviously working. Would it be the on/off switch? This machine has not been run for years. Any advice please. (240 volt, valve amp).

Have you checked for voltage at the motor.. Is there a switch for the film to run across to tell the projector film is present/run the motor..

No, I haven't checked the motor for voltage yet. I thought it might just be the on off switch, but when you switch on the lamp lights, so there must be voltage there, but with no motor running the fan doesn't kick in, and the lamp gets instantly too hot, so not safe to check. I will take the lamp out and strip the motor down, maybe the bushes are worn, or the motor seized from years of non use? Anyway thanks for your advice, I am learning!!

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back