Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help and advice on filtering accelerometer data from pothole event

Status
Not open for further replies.
If V(cc) = 5V, then the two 100K R6,R7 should have centered the output pin of the opamps at 2.5V. It really doesn't matter if the bandpass filter is perfectly centered, since it is capacitively coupled both in and out.

Only the LowPass stage V(pot) would matter much, and even there it wouldn't really matter if it sits at 2.4V instead of 2.5V.

FIne tuning it now, was wondering if I added a sample/hold circuit to hold the peak values a little longer that it would affect the frequency response of the circuit or not?

... wondering if I added a sample/hold circuit to hold the peak values a little longer that it would affect the frequency response of the circuit or not?
How do you know when to sample?

Well I have a fixed sample rate of 100hz Basically what I want is the output from the low pass filter to be held longer to make it easier on the arduino I wanted to eventually cut the lsample rate down because I'm sendig a lot of data over serial

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back