Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[Help] 555 IC Keeps Blowing Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
i attempted to set up the 13005 based dimmer when i realized that the common collector e.g. an emitter follower setup is not good for current limiting/regulation
  • you can always make sure your led-s not over loaded by choosing the proper resistors **for max Vcc
  • but it's likely more reasonable to build your thing up from 2 modules
    1. a dimmer (generating proper waveform for ↓2.↓)
    2. a led switch (controlling the LED-s current) -- would also ensure enough brightness running from battery only**
as your next concern may turn out the LED-s not holding up

Resister(the one connected between timer out to transistor base) gets warmer, but not so hot. I haven't driven the car more than 1 hour straight though, will take it for a long drive and see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back