Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Halloween Give-away Projects

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all

I tested out the Talkbot via serial connection and all is well.My next step is to create a control center either from Vb. or C# not yet decided, then move on to PIC. control.I'm also looking at wireless serial connection with a pair of xbee's.

All this as to fit around my work commitments and yes I am doing an Halloween type project but unfortunately failed to get it even close,did not realise there were any time constraints!!!:confused:

MR. RB. rest-assured when I finalise what I want to do I will defo send photos.I have a to look into VB/C# coding.

I have another idea in mind for the Talkbot but I won't yet disclose.

Cheers!!

Yep I Know what youre talking about Mr RB why accept them if they knew they wouldnt have time to finish.
Its easy to say I only had 4 days but they had time while waiting for it to arrive to design and think of concept.
Your website shows the product pretty clearly so there is really no excuse but the fact they wanted a freebie.
I think its pretty lousy actually.
:(
Hopefully now that Halloween has passed someone might come up with something special :)
Just PLEASE dont give up just cause Halloween has passed Im exited to see something from this.

Last edited:
There's no point crying over spilt deadlines or something liek that. ;)

Thanks for the update Wombweller and Birdman, I'm here pretty much once a day if anyone needs help etc.

:)

Yeah tell me about it. :)

It's been a whole month now since people received their freebies. I made sure everyone even got a battery clip, serial lead AND a plug-in speaker so they were fully working straight out of the box. I suppose the one thing I can't do is make people do what they said they were going to do. ;)

My students have learned to build sound libs and download them. We are in the process or ordering servos. With less then an hour a day things tend to move slow.

3v0

Ditto 3vo I wish I could spend more time!!

I'm the same!!! only having limited time available it's difficult to get things going.I'm one step in front of 3vo's students having JUST purchased my required servos, sure it won't be long before they overtake me:)

Again I know that any projects that come out of the Very kind freebies have to be shared as part of the deal and I know it was an Halloween giveaway but it was not suggested that any of the projects had to be in during that period.:confused:

I'm always good to my word and some that I have worked with on Electronic projects can vouch for me, I do get there eventually.:eek:

I'm now beginning to think that you think I conned you or something :( well that's not so at all.I am doing what I can when I can and I will have something to show eventually

Mr RB. your offer was very kind and I do very much appreciate that but if you can PM. me the cost of the items sent I will pay you so I don't get ridiculed for being too slow.

Cheers

Great to hear that the projects are still going ahead, thats all I really needed to know.
As I said before I dont care how long but please share the final results with us and dont forget people like me who are eagerly waiting to see what has been done with these things.
:)

Nobody is being asked to pay for items or to return items! The deal stands, free items were supplied so that people could make something out of them and have some fun etc and then supply a photo of what they made so that could help others and/or act as a form of marketing for the products.

I haven't been rushing people, and I haven't been bumping the thread etc. It's been very laid back. Actually I've been very busy with some other projects myself at the moment at this time of year theres a bit of rush to get things done before holidays start. :)

Nobody is being asked to pay for items or to return items! The deal stands, free items were supplied so that people could make something out of them and have some fun etc and then supply a photo of what they made so that could help others and/or act as a form of marketing for the products.

I haven't been rushing people, and I haven't been bumping the thread etc. It's been very laid back. Actually I've been very busy with some other projects myself at the moment at this time of year theres a bit of rush to get things done before holidays start. :)

Hi Mr RB.

No probs pal. It's a great product with untold possibilities.Really can't wait to get you your photos (as prommised), the end result might not be spectacular but it will be a start

Once again cheers!!:D

Does anybody know good .wav recording software for Vista. They got rid of the old "sound recorder" from XP

Strange, appears to be there for me, but haven't used it.

Attachments

• sound recorder.jpg
    sound recorder.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 142
I would go with Audacity wave editiing software (like 3v0 already suggested).

It's got some nice features, will import sound from a heap of MP3 formats and imports/exports .WAV files no problem (at least the oldish version I have does).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back