Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

H-Bridge for Motor Control - Will this work??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Birdman Adam

Hey I just thought this circuit up for a blind-opener project. I didn't have any H-bridge ICs at hand or PNP transistors, so I made this with only NPN transistors. I was hoping someone could tell me whether this would work at all, and if it could, if I have the protection diodes in the right places to protect from back-emf to the transistors (or MCU). I was thinking of using 2N2222A transistors, because the motor is very small, (less than 400mA). Just forget about the resistors, b/c I forgot to change them to the correct values... Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! :)

**broken link removed**

Last edited:
You should get motion with this. Just remember, the power dissapated in the transistors is dependent of current AND voltage. Consider that when choosing the transistor.

You will need to increase the voltage to the high side transistor base's to get them to turn on fully. This is because of the voltage loss going through the load.

Other than that, it looks like a pretty standard h-bridge.

OK, great, I should be able to work with this then... Now what about the diodes? Have I positioned them so as to prevent any EMF damage? Thanks.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back