Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

H-Bridge Design

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we need to make a course correction. Take a look at the relay implementation. I think using the FETs will be a problem even with the suggestions made. So lets take the best of both worlds.
In this circuit the actuator will retract unless told to extend by the micro. I think tou can get everything at Radio Shack.

Input from others.
https://www.electro-tech-online.com/threads/limit-switches.127421/

Still doesn't make sense why it didn't work, pretty bummed out as I was excited to learn more about transistors, and I have seen plenty of working H-Bridges with firgelli linear actuators on youtube, but I will stop by Radioshack today and get the parts, post back with results if I have a chance to assemble it this weekend.
Thanks!
-Falven

Last edited:
Fet h

If you want to try again with the FETs lets use this one. That way the driver doesn't need to be pulsed to work.

If you want to try again with the FETs lets use this one. That way the driver doesn't need to be pulsed to work.

I tried the Relay way, since I already have most of the parts laying around, I can definitely hear the relay go off, so that was good, however, the polarity isn't being reversed, the multimeter reads 12.38V, and goes down to 12.34V rather than negate when switched. I double checked the wiring, and everything seems ok?

View attachment 64523

Note: Two wires, one from NC on negative side and one from NC on positive side go to the 100uF cap. although it looks like they go to NO on either side.

Last edited:
I don't see the common terminals on the relay. Does it have one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back