Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

GSM control project..help required!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dirtdawg

Okay guys, I am very impressed with the knowledge base here and have done several hours of extensive searching on my own and am struggling slightly!
I would like a system where I can contact a vehicle through the gsm network and output a signal to an engine sub-system. The system will operate through a user calling the module in the vehicle then, after pin entry, a keypad entry from a mobile phone or landline will output a signal to an engine sub-system.
Does anyone have an idea how to go about this or what components I will need to do this?
Thanks for any input.
DirtDawg

You can buy a GSM modem from Sparkfun.com for not too bad a price. You will also need a micro controller to decode the keypad entry and talk to the modem. You'll have to do a bit of research on GSM modems - I'm not sure that they have both voice (for the keypad button presses) and data capability. Sparkfun.com also has a bunch of microcontroller kits to choose from.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back