Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pfaff 1222 foot control problem

just_me

Hello everyone,
I am by no means a tech person but I was hoping maybe someone here might help me. I recently bought the 1222 and the foot control is working very inconsistently. My brother said it seems to be the capacitor on the picture, but I can't seem to find a new one to replace it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_20231212_152705.jpg
    IMG_20231212_152705.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 107
  • IMG_20231212_152618.jpg
    IMG_20231212_152618.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 102
Lots of foot control problems pop up here regularly with the Pfaff 1222, Your inconsistent would suggest maybe that potentiometer , (20K ? ) but seems to be issues deeper inside the machine with a capacitor. I you can... search the forum.

Try dripping or squirting a small amount of 3 in 1 or similar thin oil into the opening in the potentiometer can, between the terminals and the can?

If the pot is just noisy, that may help.

That's not the original foot pedal from a 1970s era machine. Machines in that era used a heater wire voltage divider "rheostat" pedal. The pedal shown is a modern Thyrister controller with a low power pot.

A generic replacement pedal can be found on Amazon for about $20 if you don't want to diddle with this one. Yours may be a $20 generic replacement pedal. Check the brand and any date stamps on your pedal.

That's not the original foot pedal from a 1970s era machine. Machines in that era used a heater wire voltage divider "rheostat" pedal. The pedal shown is a modern Thyrister controller with a low power pot.

A generic replacement pedal can be found on Amazon for about $20 if you don't want to diddle with this one. Yours may be a $20 generic replacement pedal. Check the brand and any date stamps on your pedal.
This machine has a thyristor controller. As others have said, the pot is probably dirty.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back