Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Great PCB Layout tutorial is gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flyback

Hello,
In around May 2012, I discovered on youtube, a tutorial video concerning the use of Altium PCB Layout Software package.
This video was the best training material I have ever seen for Altium.
However, this video has gone from youtube now.
Does anybody know why it has gone and if so, who has removed it?
This video was not authored by Altium.
The video was authored by a guy speaking in English, but he had a strong kind of Spanish intonation to his voice.
During this youtube video, a young child can at one point be heard calling out, in the background. (but not seen)
The video itself concerned the following in Altium…
Making library parts for a resistor, a LED, and a connector
Putting these parts into a simple schematic
Then transferring this schematic to a PCB.
Then laying out this simple board.
Then producing gerbers for the board.
Does anyone know what happened to this excellent video?

Some obvious reasons:
1) The author got tired of answering inane questions; and
2) The author used material from Altium that was copyrighted by it.

Haven't seen the video myself. Have you contacted the author for his reasons? Otherwise, this appears to be the start of just another guessing game.

John

I am wondering if the video was removed by Altium?
The video was obviously not a copy of one of altiums.

These "external" tutorials tend to be the best.....but the commercial pcb layout software companies seem to ban them or get rid of them.

If it was a copyright issue, most likely the author of the video would have removed it after being contacted by Altium. However, if you check the TOS for YouTube, you will find that copyright infringement is one cause for removal. I seriously doubt Altium has the authority to remove the work itself. Failing to get the author to remove the work (rare), Altium would have contacted YouTube.

Frankly, this and some other "questions" seem a bit immaterial/tangential to me. If you want to know what I mean, please use PM.

John

This video fits your description.
The guy has lots of tutorials on his youtube channel.

Mister T you are a genius!
How on earth you found that from my description I will never know. You are brilliant.

This video was a life saver for me when I did a simple PCB job in Altium.The videos authored by Altium didn't make half as much sense.

Your description was very good.
I searched for "altium tutorial schematic footprint pcb gerber"

Thanks, though its almost as if you have read my mind.

The Altium training videos which are authored by Altium are n't nearly as good as this one above.
The Altium videos start with a guy called Marty saying "Hi, Marty Here"......................and that's about the only part of the videos that I understand.

I have used three of the high end packages and struggled much.
I then used eagle and it was like falling out of bed...that easy.....due to loads of hobbyists tutorials on the web etc.

I think eagle is much easier to use , and there is a large number of component in its library , you should try it..
Am currently designing my first PIC programmer .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back