Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ground Layout (Power and Signals)

Status
Not open for further replies.

riccardo

Hello, I am working on a high density circuit where space is very limited. It is 4 layers, with bottom GND, and a mid GND. The power electronics will carry 20 Amps. The image below shows the ground polygons I have. I am wondering if I should split the polygons as indicated by the green line.

There's enough copper there to carry the current (2oz traces). Will this help reduce interference from the large ground current mixing with the signal currents? The part in the centre with the vias is the MOSFET driver. The two patches at the top are power MOSFETs. The vias in the triangle shapes are the MOSFETs connection to GND
Grounding.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back