Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Going tubes...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely not, I'm always open to correction and willing to learn something new.
I doubt there would be any kind of pissing match from members of this forum, just simply an interest in seeing where your source of information came from, and where, if required, additional material could be offered that corrects any misunderstanding or misconception.

Appreciate your candor- You, sir, are a free thinker...

On that note, received my "Low Quality" ChiFi kit today...

Going to requisition my teenager to help me w/ assembly...
After all, he's home from school (CV-19)… and does have my Marantz, and owes me BIG TIME- lol

Attachments

• DSCF1489 - Copy.JPG
    DSCF1489 - Copy.JPG
    533 KB · Views: 101
So, what's your point with showing blurred patent certs, and what does that prove?
You can register a patent for an ass-kicking machine:
You appear to have two more patents than I do, so well done.

If you are making a claim, it's on you to provide material that backs up that claim:
In finality,
Same query was posted on 2 other sites...
This one has proven to be the most militant... So since you all have been high five-ing each other... time to take another lap

I posted this in plurality to draw out free thinkers...

After 5 pages here-
It might have been easier to find a righteous person in Sodom or Gomorrah- lol

Would you please share links to the other sites, so we can reflect and see if we have been overly-critical?
Making a judgement of one source against another, without giving any kind of standard, is pretty meaningless.

Nah,
Not going to start an inter-group pissing match. What was said elsewhere shouldn't effect you...

After all, your opinion is beyond reproach- right?

So this is "Ner-ner, ne, ner-ner, not telling you"? (Neener, neener, neener)?

Appreciate your candor- You, sir, are a free thinker...

Going to requisition my teenager to help me w/ assembly...
After all, he's home from school (CV-19)… and does have my Marantz, and owes me BIG TIME- lol
Spend some quality time with your son.

^ seems to be some trouble doing quotes....
State your claim and defend it if you believe it to be true, or withdraw it if you believe otherwise.

It looks like a fun project & I hope it works OK!

No one is arguing subjective tastes or the pleasure of building your own stuff, whether it's electronics or furniture - that's what hobbies are all about.

The only things ever in dispute are the objective (measurable) fine details of the distortion levels etc.

Slew rates? this discussion is analog, not digital-
then you need to learn more about analog amplifiers.... this isn't about digital waveforms, this is about how fast an amplifier (whether it's an op amp, or a power amp) can keep up with the input waveform. look at any spec sheet for an op amp, and you will see a slew rate spec, usually measured in volts per microsecond. there are op amps that if you try to get a full swing sine wave output above about 5khz or so, you will get a triangle wave at the output because the op amp can't slew fast enough to output a sine wave under those conditions. when you have music, this translates to intermittent intermodulation (IMD tests are done with two different frequency sine waves, usually 1khz at one volt, and 4khz at 0,25V. intermodulation distortion shows up as the presence of 3khz and 5khz signals in the output (sum and difference frequencies from nonlinear mixing of the two signals). a 741 op amp for instance has a slew rate of 0.5V/uS and trying to get a rail-to-rail output above 5khz or so doesn't produce very good sound (what makes it worse, is the slew rate isn't the same for positive going and negative going parts of the waveform).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back