Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Funny Images Thread!

Sorry, you'll have to explain that one?.
We're in total lockdown here. That includes NO booze and NO cigarettes for sale. People here getting desperate for stuff so they creating those kind of pic's to relieve the strain and maybe have a laugh or two....

We're in total lockdown here. That includes NO booze and NO cigarettes for sale. People here getting desperate for stuff so they creating those kind of pic's to relieve the strain and maybe have a laugh or two....

OK, not so bad here, many stores are still open, with restrictions - but you can still buy booze (and presumably cigarettes?) from grocery stores and supermarkets.

Same here. Everything available but recommendations of "Stay at Home", which is how it has to be!

I've got enough food for about 4 weeks and enough geek to isolate for a few years.

Mike.

Grocery stores are not allowed to sell booze in my state in the US even before the pandemic. The reason they allowed lliqur stores is for those that are addicted and they don't want issues that can overburden the health care system even more.

A nearby state outlawed the sale of liquor.

Masks and liquor stores don't get along. We had a robbery gone bad because of the masks.

==
Aside:

The newspaper ran an article about a pet lion that I remember about 40 years ago. I was painting a house with a friend and heard a roar and we were told it was a lion. I'm not sure I believed it at the time. The article said it stayed at an auto parts store where the sign read "Trespassers will be eaten" and it would take trips to the drive in movie theater with the owner and his wife. The article also sid that the police and animal control showed up because the lion messed up the window, but they left. there was no law about having exotic animals in residential neighborhood at the time. The lion lived for about 20 years in the house.

There is a giant size turtle that hangs out in a nearby pet store.

Then for another fun time, I was at a party and my friend's 10 foot boa constrictor was hanging out in the bathroom curled up around the mirror over the sink. Fun times.

Filled dog with helium.jpg

Just chanced across this - Not quite an image, other than in your imagination when you compare it to occasional threads on here!

cargo cult programming: n.
A style of (incompetent) programming dominated by ritual inclusion of code or program structures that serve no real purpose. A cargo cult programmer will usually explain the extra code as a way of working around some bug encountered in the past, but usually neither the bug nor the reason the code apparently avoided the bug was ever fully understood (compare shotgun debugging, voodoo programming).

The term ‘cargo cult’ is a reference to aboriginal religions that grew up in the South Pacific after World War II. The practices of these cults center on building elaborate mockups of airplanes and military style landing strips in the hope of bringing the return of the god-like airplanes that brought such marvelous cargo during the war. Hackish usage probably derives from Richard Feynman's characterization of certain practices as “cargo cult science” in his book Surely You're Joking, Mr. Feynman! (W. W. Norton & Co, New York 1985, ISBN 0-393-01921-7).

Original page:

1586651434898.png

giphy.gif

Latest threads

Back