Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

fuel tank level automation

Status
Not open for further replies.

shuma

hi all,
i want to automate the fuel storage tank instead of using a calibrated stick and transmit the available readings into pc but i don't know where to start.

Do you just need a simple 'low' indicator or do you need to measure the exact level. What type of fuel tank is it?

fuel tank automation

thanks,
the tank is of not less than 5000litres. my problem is what will be the procedures of calculating the volume,using either the parallel port or serial port to transmit my data,the input and output be read to my computer and if sensors to be used what are the type of these sensors?.in general i need a help to manage this project.

Well to calculate the volume you need to know the level and the exact dimensions of the tank. A simple float inside the tank can give you level feed back and then you just do the math to determine the volume. That's a pretty large tank and there are many commercially available products that could do what you're describing, why are you trying to do this yourself, this is after all a fuel we're talking about here, there's a decent amount of danger.

Last edited:
the aim of the project is to measure the storage fuel tank at a thermal power plant ,remember the volume of the tank will be varying sa the fuel will be consumed by the generators unless new balance is brought in.

I'm sorry shuma, I'm not sure you read my posts... You can determine the volume of the tank by it's dimension and the level of the fuel in the tank.

This is not something that you should be asking for help for in an online forum, you should be contacting qualified professionals that can install safe and reliable solutions for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back