Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ford giving out 2011 Ford Fiestas

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know, Didnt I buy it from you?

Does this bring back memories? :p

I did have to fix the pull cord and clean the grass out of the carb to get it to run reliably for my 7 year old niece! She says thank you by the way! :D

How'd you get my old cart ?

Seriously mine had cool wheels flat surface built for speed. But, yours has less seat cushion. At least put a pillow down or somethin

Mine had a 5hp briggs.

I used to have to pull a rope to kill it. No, brakes so I'd slide on gravel sideways.

kv

I know, Didnt I buy it from you?

Does this bring back memories? :p

I did have to fix the pull cord and clean the grass out of the carb to get it to run reliably for my 7 year old niece! She says thank you by the way! :D

No, it is not that. My first car had 4 cylinders and four gears.

And a windscreen a doors.

And one less wheel......

All right Dellboy.

That go cart picture is from when I first built it. She wanted to play with it before I got the seat on. Sence then I have stretched it out so I can drive it! It has the 5 speed transaxle from a honda harmony garden tractor and a 3.5 hp push mower engine.
It tops out at about 5 mph. So its little kid safe and has been proven so!

The rusty metal thing is may 1948 allis chalmers WM crawler tractor. Until I can find some place that makes a full overhaul kit for the engine its going to be my yard ornament!

I picked it up at the local salvage yard for $300 about 8 years ago. I guess its rather rare now. less than a 1000 out of some 25000 built are estimated to be still around.

Does anyone knows of any place that still carries a master kit for the AC engines?
This has the same engine as the allis chalmers U series tractors.
This has the actual AC engine, not the continental engine.

Let me know if you do. I want to get it running again and make a dozer/backhoe out of it.

Last edited:
Diver300 maybe One of these would be good**broken link removed** if it had one less wheel

Last edited:
Have you checked on sites about restoring farm tractors?

Countless times! Even my local AC dealer had nothing they could track down.

Thats how I found out how few are left. I did alot of looking online and every place I have been in cluding the antique shows.

The one person that has had that type of engine rebuilt died before I had a chance to talk with him a few years ago. He had an AC U tractor with the exact engine as my crawler.
Word was he was an old machinist so he may have very well just manufactured his own replacement parts out of newer or more common engine parts too.

I may go that route too someday If I cant find origional rebuild kits.

His old U has sinse been donated to a historical collection.

The last few times I have talked to them about rebuild parts they were far more interested in trying to strong arm me into donating mine rather than fixing it and using it.

If the historical people think something is valuable or rare enough they will take the owners of those antiques to court and just waste their money untill the owner gives up and lets them take it.

I have a couple of antique show acqaintences that said some out of state historical preservationists threatened them that way a number of years ago. They said, Unfortunately What they were after was saddly "distroyed" when the old building they kept it in was "struck by lightning".

But fortunatly for them "their neighbor" has an "exact replica" that they can "borrow" when ever they want to show it off in parades or antique shows!

You do have a problem. I have an older friend who restores tractors at the local museum. It is a long shot but I will ask if has has any ideas on where to find the overhaul parts.

Back in the early 70's we had a neighbor that farmed with U's. The could be parts out there but to find them.

3v0

I thought it looked like a crawler;) I don't know anything about that make though. Past the engine, how is the undercarrage? Lets see a better pic:D

Last edited:
I laugh whenever I see a Smart car the same as when I remember a tiny little Ford Fiesta.

God!!! Legal speed limit here is just 80 km/h, and maximum speed you can get before the next sharp turn is maybe 160 km/h :eek::D

You should drive your car on an "Autobahn" in Germany. The North-South connection (A7) of a total length of 1,300km has almost no speed limit.

I used my friend's Ferrari Testerosa and made 1,000km between Hamburg and Munich within 5 hours. (most of the time used for refuelling). The Testerosa makes a max speed of 350km/h. :)

Instead of posting speed limit signals the roads in Germany get more lanes. :)

Boncuk

I thought it looked like a crawler I don't know anything about that make though. Past the engine, how is the undercarrage? Lets see a better pic

Sorry you will have to waite few weeks! Right now its just a bump in the snow! Really! I am not lying! :eek: The 6 feet plus of snow we have had this winter has it buried completely over.

The actual undercarage is in good overall shape. I do plan to weld up the rollers and cogs when I have it apart just to bring it back to like new specs.

It needs some sheet metal straightened from when it was at the salvage yard and a better seat but over all everything is still loose and moveable. I can easily pull it around with my dads International M.

The only reason the engine is stuck is because it had one of those strait pipe exausts that did not have a cover on it so after enough years the engine rusted itself solid.

They were rated at around 40+ hp at 1200 rpm and I think it was about 318 cubic inchs. The book says it wheighs around 6500 Lbs. It has electric start and did have a working magneto on it. but I have no idea where I put it.

One of the local old school brake and clutch shops said they could custom manufacture new main clutch, turning clutchs, and brake assemblies to fit it.

I have a reprint of the master manual for it and all of the bearings have modern part numbers they can interchange with.
My buddy that runs a local radiator shop said his guys can easily recore my old one and still keep the origional look but have the higher capacity cooling of the modern ones.
I did a shop wiring project for a freind of mine who does auto body work for a living so he will give me a good paint job for material cost!

So really all I need is the engine. plus some time and around $3500!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back