Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

FOUND OUT SOMETHING

Status
Not open for further replies.
.............................:sorry:mutter mutter...............................:sorry:............................mutter mutter

Actually i later found my thing on you tube, never knew that it is discovered already.Sorry.BTW making circuits by drawing pencil lines on my rooms wall,got a good scolding from dad.:p

Actually i later found my thing on you tube, never knew that it is discovered already.Sorry.BTW making circuits by drawing pencil lines on my rooms wall,got a good scolding from dad.:p

Keep looking and learning, my friend!

Have fun.

You got to reinvent the wheel a few times before you can make a flux capacitor ;)

If you can find a silicon pencil, give it a go!

JimB

That's interesting too!
Where can I find some magnesium sheets?
I'm not impressed by the principle itslf, but by it's efficiency (in the video description it's said that it can run for 5-7 hours, which is a bit too much said)

That's interesting too!
Where can I find some magnesium sheets?
I'm not impressed by the principle itslf, but by it's efficiency (in the video description it's said that it can run for 5-7 hours, which is a bit too much said)
Fleabay has magnesium ribbon of good purity.

And I think it's not just the salt water ''battery'' which gives this performance, but also the DC motor used in the toy. It can be a low consumption one...

Yeah without doubt, I dont have my chem books down stairs but I suggest you look up the eV of magnesium to get an idea of the voltage you can get

Actually now I have gone and dug some books out, Magnesium oxide I was going to sugest you make sure you get rid of it, but it appears it isnt too shabby at around 3.6eV, opens up possibilities with other more reactive metals. I got the info from Magnesium Compounds—Advances in Research and Application: 2013 Edition.

Actually now I have gone and dug some books out, Magnesium oxide I was going to sugest you make sure you get rid of it, but it appears it isnt too shabby at around 3.6eV, opens up possibilities with other more reactive metals. I got the info from Magnesium Compounds—Advances in Research and Application: 2013 Edition.

Please explain what you mean with an equation. Does the so-called "eV" have a sign associated with it?

John

I dont have an equation at the moment as i am reading up on something, but page 263 gives you the eV for the oxide and mentions mixing with Al particles raises this, mechanism isnt mentioned so far but there is alot to read.

How can you not have an equation when you gave an E^0(volts)? You must have the equation or any value you quote is pure applesauce. Just look in the book, I am sure it gives the equation and sign.

John

How can you not have an equation when you gave an E^0(volts)? You must have the equation or any value you quote is pure applesauce. Just look in the book, I am sure it gives the equation and sign.

John
I gave the reference, direct your question to the author not me. I havnt read it all yet! There is no sign given so I take this to be positive although I would prefer it to be signed, grab a copy and take a read if your interested, i am not sure yet if its worth looking at but could be interesting to spend a couple of hours looking into it.

I gave the reference, direct your question to the author not me. I havnt read it all yet! There is no sign given so I take this to be positive although I would prefer it to be signed, grab a copy and take a read if your interested, i am not sure yet if its worth looking at but could be interesting to spend a couple of hours looking into it.
Hey, you presented it here in your exposition of magnesium electrochemistry. I was just wondering whether you understood what you wrote.

John

I quoted something from a book and gave a reference, I also stated why i had posted it. If you wish to post an opposite view then do so with a reference or its just opinion.

Please explain what you mean with an equation. Does the so-called "eV" have a sign associated with it?
In this case, pretty sure the eV referenced is MgO's "Band gap" value, which has no sign.

In this case, pretty sure the eV referenced is MgO's "Band gap" value, which has no sign.
Typical I have a page missing! Just when it was getting good :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back