• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

fm transmitter component-problem

Not open for further replies.


New Member
i have recently been the recipient of the schematic of an fm transmitter.
In this schematic, there seems to be a particular component called a '5 turn coil' .It has been marked as l in the schematic which i assume is an inductor.

what is a 5 turn coil and what exactly does it do?Can it be procured from any electronics store(if so,under what name,because no one in the store seems to have the slightest clue about what i am talking)?



Active Member
I think, this is a tank-coil. You can easy producing it: take some rod (e.g. drill) with 5mm diameter, and make 5 turns with 0.8...1mm diameter enamelled copper wire.


New Member
btw, a standard straw is 5 mm, and then just go to rat shack for the enamaled wire.
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

EE World Online Articles