Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Flyback

Status
Not open for further replies.

avz

Hi all
I have a flyback from a tv set. I would like to make some expriments with it (HV, I know) but I dont know how can I define the legs of it (besides the red HV wire that is the HV output).
Thanks.

Hi all
I have a flyback from a tv set. I would like to make some expriments with it (HV, I know) but I dont know how can I define the legs of it (besides the red HV wire that is the HV output).
Thanks.

take a 12V battery, connect the - to the hv output. then take a voltage meter and measure the Voltage between the + of battery and all the pin under the transformer. Only the ground of secondary gives you a significant reading. as for primary why dont you just wind your own on the exposed core of the flyback, of you can look for a pair of pin with a resistance of 1Ohm

Hope it helped.

transformers dont work with a battery, that is direct current. you need alternating current. then only time current will be induced in the secondary winding is while the voltage is rising or falling in the primary causeing the magnetic lines of force to expand or collapse across the core.

Last edited:
electech. Chingyg was telling the poster how to determine the continuity on the pins of the transformer, not primary to secondary or anything like that. Just if one pin was directly connect to the other. Continuity testing on a multi meter will work just as well, but the secondary (HV) coil is usually a much higher resistance than the continuity of a meter will 'beep' to.

transformers dont work with a battery, that is direct current. you need alternating current. then only time current will be induced in the secondary winding is while the voltage is rising or falling in the primary causeing the magnetic lines of force to expand or collapse across the core.

Dude, you think I don't know that. My mama taught me this in primary school. I'm telling the kid how to find the secondary ground cause its resistance is to high for a ordinary multimeter to handle.

electech. Chingyg was telling the poster how to determine the continuity on the pins of the transformer, not primary to secondary or anything like that. Just if one pin was directly connect to the other. Continuity testing on a multi meter will work just as well, but the secondary (HV) coil is usually a much higher resistance than the continuity of a meter will 'beep' to.

Exactly, great minds think alike.

Still be nice =) No need to yell at people. This place would turn into a constant brawl if everyone went off the hilt with each post. Just correct them and be done with it.

Still be nice =) No need to yell at people. This place would turn into a constant brawl if everyone went off the hilt with each post. Just correct them and be done with it.

I thought a brawl after each posting was standard practice around here!

Last edited:
Havent you all noticed that the tension level on chat forums goes way up around a full moon? :eek:

Check your lunar calender or take a look outside tonight! Then go back and look at the tension levels in the forum for the last week or so. Hmm... I see a plausible corellation factor. ;)

bigkim100, oh yes it is. Doesn't mean it's nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back