Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Flyback Transformers - Durability

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chingasman

Are flyback transformers durable or do they tend to "break" easily? Reason i ask is i have been working on some hv projects, small time stuff and for the life of me i can't get consistant results.

I reference the tesla coil single transistor schematic and one day i will have the high pitch noise that is an indicator of success and all is well. When I try it again the next day nothing. No noise nothing. i check my connections so many times it makes me sick.! i usually point the finger at something i have done wrong but i don't think that is the case.

are they known for being fickle? i have gone through at least 3 of them which is really making me annoyed.

can anyone shed some light on this.. please? links comments.. anything.

by the way i really appreciate all the knowledge around this joint... some of you are out of control hardcore i love it gg.

LOPTX's are designed for one specific purpose, and even at that they tend to be unreliable (depending on their quality of construction).

Abusing then for a completely different use is likely to kill them pretty quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back