Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Fletcher's Law

Status
Not open for further replies.

For The Popcorn

Most Helpful Member
Years ago, I worked with a curmudgeonly guy named Fletcher. He was an awesome electronics tech, skilled at keeping things going during testing, and sometimes performed unacknowledged miracles to do so.

But his curmudgeonly nature sometimes got the best of him, which lead to Fletcher's Law:

When putting a piece of instrumentation back together, use as many different types of fastener heads as possible.

Bonus points for a spline-head. This mostly happened when it was somebody else's gear and it fell to him to fix their problems in an emergent situation.

This was in the days before all the tamper-proof heads. I think even Fletcher would think that using those would be too much

Notes_220527_124855_e19.jpg

In homage to Fletcher, I like to keep all my fasteners mixed up together in a big jug.
That way it's a bit like Christmas whenever I need to use one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back