Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Nonsense laws topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

MacIntoshCZ

For instance i dont understand why ebikes are limited by power of motor when max legal speed limit is set. You cant legally use ebike on road when motor power is more then 250W. If someone think about its weapon, then they should realise its kinetic energy which "hurts". And i never heard about terrorist on bike... Another bullshhh....
Does anyone know why?

They don't want you doing wheelies in traffic.
Thats only purpose of ebike! Nah.
I am living in area with hills. I just dont want have low power motor. I dont want to be at rated power most of time. So i would rather pickup ebike in kW range. Note i dont want to even ride at 50km/h. Thats to much for bike. 30-40 is safe for me.

I just asked local police officer about power limitation and he doesnt even know about it. =P

If you built your own controller then you could exceed the max wattage of the motor for short intervals. You would need to monitor the temperature of the motor to know when you've overheated it.

Mike.

You would need to monitor the temperature of the motor to know when you've overheated it.
Mike.
Thats what i am afraid of. To run motor on higher temperatures. More powerfull motor should be OK at this wattage.

If the motor runs at 50V then it will draw 5A at max load. If you limit the current to 5A then it won't overheat and will always produce the same torque. How fast you can go uphill will depend on steepness and gearing. Downhill could be hair raising.

Mike.

If the motor runs at 50V then it will draw 5A at max load. If you limit the current to 5A then it won't overheat and will always produce the same torque. How fast you can go uphill will depend on steepness and gearing. Downhill could be hair raising.

Mike.
So we trust distributor that motor does not overheat on nominal power? I dont.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back