Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Fire protection system

Status
Not open for further replies.

azhar technical

hello dears ,
I am working on a graduation project and I thought about a security system using the Internet of Things, but my resources are limited in this area
After searching the internet I found these full resources to design a system from the beginning but the question is whether this is enough to be a graduation project ??

How to Make Fire Alarm Using Flame Sensor with Arduino

IoT based forest fire Alarm System

and

How to make a Simple Fire Alarm

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry!! All those links point to a page with tracking virus.... I had to unlink them.

You would need to make sure that the "system" you make, even if it is quite simple, has your special touch... The main thing is the write up and where the idea comes from, Hence Nigel's statement... They know it's copied...

One of my projects didn't even work, but I had explained enough in the write up why I though it didn't... It passed okay... As long as your idea is different enough to show you are using your grey cells, as long as the documentation is good, so the project will be...

Sorry!! All those links point to a page with tracking virus.... I had to unlink them.

You would need to make sure that the "system" you make, even if it is quite simple, has your special touch... The main thing is the write up and where the idea comes from, Hence Nigel's statement... They know it's copied...

One of my projects didn't even work, but I had explained enough in the write up why I though it didn't... It passed okay... As long as your idea is different enough to show you are using your grey cells, as long as the documentation is good, so the project will be...

When my daughter was doing her Phd she had an article published in a top technical journal, her Professor was incredibly pleased, because it's extremely rare to get Chemistry articles published in such journals, and was the first from the entire chemistry department since he'd been there.

However, as part of the 'marking' on the course you have to attend a meeting to discuss and defend it, and while the rest of the professors were positive and happy about it, one of them (the main rival to her professor!) absolutely attacked it, and claimed she'd just 'cut and pasted' the entire article off Wikipedia.

She did send him a 'pleasant' email about it, refuting his claims, and asking him if he'd like to back up his claims with any actual facts, instead of idle speculation - and did in fact receive an apology from him.

So certainly plagiarising projects off the Internet is VERY likely to be spotted at any half way decent Uni, and the links are very simply anyway, more school (12-13 years old?) projects than Uni ones. Presumably you have to have your project OK'd by your professor?, and I would imagine he'd instantly reject such a low standard project.

Amazingly, 10-years ago, the project would be deemed to difficult to be completed as a senior project. Now, all the parts (including wifi) and code are widely available to make nearly anything. The biggest challenge in Senior projects is identifying a project that seems difficult enough but still easy enough to do in time for graduation. The definition of "too easy" is changing daily. I think the concept of Senior projects is fading quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back