Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Fake parts

Status
Not open for further replies.
carbon-zinc 9V batteries used to be made with a stack of rectangular cells enclosed in wax paper. i still disassemble spent 9v batteries, because the contacts on top are useful as a battery connector... i haven't actually bought any 9V battery connectors in years, although many projects i build use 9V batteries. the batteries made these days with six AAAA cels are even easier to get the connector out, because instead of connecting the terminals using strips of metal bonded to the cells, they use pressure contact, so the connector comes off without having to cut any metal strips. all it takes is opening the case crimp at the top and lift out the contacts.

i still disassemble spent 9v batteries, because the contacts on top are useful as a battery connector... i haven't actually bought any 9V battery connectors in years,

I'll have to try that. Can never seem to find a 9v clip when I need one ... and new ones are so flimsy and poor quality ... I feel guilty using them on equipment.

I'll have to try that. Can never seem to find a 9v clip when I need one ... and new ones are so flimsy and poor quality ... I feel guilty using them on equipment.

Then buy the good ones from a reputable supplier. You can get board-mounted or pig-tails. The pigtails are available with solid plastic caps. How crappy/cheap would a recycled connector look (covered in heat-shrink or vinyl tape)?

Recovering parts from disposable batteries is a waste of time vs the $0.50 price tag for a good one.

FD44FE8B-DCAC-4C17-9BEF-EB0A6E94A32C.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back