Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Exponential waveform

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can periodically charge and discharge a capacitor through a resistor using a pulse source.

Hi

Use an EXP voltage source and trigger it with a second voltage source.
Set the trigger voltage source "cycles" for the desired number of cycles.
See example attached.

Attachments

• TrgExpSrc.png
    TrgExpSrc.png
    37.7 KB · Views: 238
Last edited:
Hi eTECh
Thank you very much for your solution , wanted something like this only .I created exact schematic as yours but while simulating its giving me this error . i will attach the the snapshot

Attachments

• exponential.png
    exponential.png
    29.1 KB · Views: 240
Hi eTECh
Thank you very much for your solution , wanted something like this only .I created exact schematic as yours but while simulating its giving me this error . i will attach the the snapshot

It works fine on my system. Make sure your running the latest version of LTspice.
Else, attach your ,asc file and I will test.

Hi eTECh
Already updated my version of LT Spice , still its not working . I will attach the .asc file for your reference

Attachments

• Draft1.asc
    582 bytes · Views: 209
Hi eTECh
Already updated my version of LT Spice , still its not working . I will attach the .asc file for your reference

Hi

The problem with your schematic is that the TRIGGER statement is not entered as part of the EXP statement. You've added it to the schematic as a separate statement.
To fix this:

1. Delete the "TRIGGER" statement
2. Rht-click the "EXP" text on the schematic, then add the TRIGGER statement at the end of the EXP statement. Then click OK.

I've attached a corrected version of the schematic.

Attachments

• Draft1-fixed.asc
    561 bytes · Views: 195
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back