Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

EVGA 256-P1-N399-LX GeForce 6200 256MB 64-bit GDDR2 PCI Video Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnathon007

i need some help identifying a missing piece from my video card and some help on how to get a replacement. its a surface mount piece labled on the board as lb12 .heres a picture Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!
go to the backside picture and look just below the push pin for the heatsink and to the left of the bar code sticker [you have to zoom in all the way to see it] i have all the tools to resolder it if i knew what it was and where to get one.

i think it might be a diode but i really am not sure enough to try it in my computer.

Last edited:
It's probably a "ferrite bead". Why do you think it's missing?

I see on the photo that LB13 isn't populated. Maybe it's a manufacturing or configuration option.

i can see the broken remnants of the piece and it is in the photo i added a link to
also the card stopped working just after i changed the heatsink which has its anchor pin right there.
i was also wondering if just bridging the space with solder would make it work again, i know it wouldnt work as good as its supposed to but would there be any bad side effects.

Last edited:
if any electronics genius could tell me what i need to fix this and where to get it that would be awsome. i really dont want to use my internal geforce 2 series anymore.

There are 3 barcode stickers! If you are referring to the large one with Made In China and 256MB words on it then I see nothing that resembles a ferrite bead. Mainly chip resistors and inductors. The black, tiny 3-legged components are transistors. Have you tried the car in the PC since as it sits? Import that one picture into MS Paint and place a arrow or circle to the exact spot of the missing component that you are trying to identify. Post it here and maybe we can help further. Or better yet, get yourself a new 512MB card.... 256MB cards have been on their way out for quite some time.

heres the picture.

Attachments

• video card.png
    video card.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 307
It's probably a surface mount capacitor. No idea of the value but if it's that small it has to be tiny. You could if you wanted to give it a shot try to solder the leads of a small ceramic cap in place of it, I wouldn't short the leads out directly because it could be a resistor as well. There is absolutely no telling what effect replacing that component without know what it is would be. If you're real lucky and it's a bypass or isolation capacitor the value shouldn't be critical.

Last edited:
I would feel it's likely an inductor (ferrite bead). We used lots of them where I worked, generally a couple of them iin the power trace of each VLSI. The indication of LB12 suggests to me L-inductor B-Back 12-sequence number. Confirm by checking other parts labeled LBxx. If they have zero resistance, this is probably it.

The board should work with it jumpered, but might have electrical noise issues (hopefully minor).

Last edited:
I agree in that it's likely an inductor... at worst a resistor that's not labeled or rubbed off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back