Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ethernet

Status
Not open for further replies.

AtomSoft

Hey guys i just got me this:

**broken link removed**

Now i wanted to know do you think it would be possible to create a server using a PIC18F4620?

If not which PIC is recommend?

Noticed a TYPO can someone email microchip:

Ethernet PICtail Daughter Board Schematics

On the TOP LEFT side : EE_RESET is supposed to be ETH_RESET....

Assuming:
ETH = ETHERNET
EE = EXTERNAL EEPROM

err-jpg.34455

Attachments

• err.jpg
    err.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 1,190

Assuming:
ETH = ETHERNET
EE = EXTERNAL EEPROM

err-jpg.34455

Why do you think it's a typo the board optional 256 Kbits SPI EEPROM (25LC256) for storing web pages and configurations

How is it EE when RB5 is connected to the ETHERNET IC???

clipboard03-jpg.34456

IF RB3 = ETH_CS then RB5 = ETH_RESET

Attachments

• Clipboard03.jpg
    Clipboard03.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 1,005
Last edited:
Burt from what i see in the datasheet. That RESET pin will reset entire IC. It will not touch the EE (External EPROM) So why is everyone defending Microchip? heh

They do typos all the time. I know the RESET aka RB5 is for ETHERNET USE and you all do too.. Check out page 62:

11.2 System Reset

You can see that reset pin will reset the entire chip. Its obviously not for EE data.

I want to try out a few things. Like getting data from the web and displaying over UART. I chose UART mainly because one can alter it for LCD, GLCD or anything else without much work heh

After a web collector type app. I want to see if i can control the PIC from the web. Like Turn LEDs on/off... I have a phone with internet and such. So i want to make a webpage for my device and on my phone travel to the site and activate certain things.

Burt from what i see in the datasheet. That RESET pin will reset entire IC. It will not touch the EE (External EPROM) So why is everyone defending Microchip? heh

They do typos all the time. I know the RESET aka RB5 is for ETHERNET USE and you all do too.. Check out page 62:

11.2 System Reset

You can see that reset pin will reset the entire chip. Its obviously not for EE data.
Read over here you may learn some thing :D Microchip TCP/IP Stack v3.75 Modified Version

Assuming:
ETH = ETHERNET
EE = EXTERNAL EEPROM

err-jpg.34455

Can you link again the schematic of tha board.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back