ESR Meter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gregory

Would any one be able to supply a circuit digram for me to construct a ESR and low Ohms meter for testing high capacitors values. :?:

Gregory said:
Would any one be able to supply a circuit digram for me to construct a ESR and low Ohms meter for testing high capacitors values. :?:

I've got one I built from a magazine article, PM me your email address and I'll send you a PDF of the details. It comes in very useful for doing repairs, I probably use it every day or two.

Nigel -- Might I suggest that you upload it to a webspace and post a link to it here? I'm sure that others might have an interest in it as well...

ChrisP said:
Nigel -- Might I suggest that you upload it to a webspace and post a link to it here? I'm sure that others might have an interest in it as well...
The article might be copyrighted, in which case posting it is probably not a good idea.

Ron H said:
The article might be copyrighted, in which case posting it is probably not a good idea.

In that case, a link could be posted to the article at its source location...

Yes, the article is from a magazine - so although it is actually on a web server (in a hidden directory) I'm not going to give the URL out!.

The file is 120Kb, I created the PDF by scanning the pictures in and OCR'ing the text - with lots of editting!.

Hello Gregory,

Try this link:

**broken link removed**

I plan to build one myself

Trini[/list]

Hi,

there is a complete project named "ESR/C/Meter" in Elektor magazine 9/2005.

It contains the circuit schematic and a PCB layout and all software in Basic with hex-files for a PIC16F84 and a PIC16F877.

The PCB layout is not correct since the board size is smaller than the suggested LC-display and won't fit into the suggested enclosure either.

I have redesigned the board layout to use a VLD-800mA on demand of display back lighting. (4.2V/130mA) The contrast pot has been moved from underneath the display for easy contrast adjustment with the display inserted in a 16-pin single row socket. All switches are DPDT switches with vertical actuation (push in to lock - push in to unlock). The design also contains a battery low LED to indicate battery voltage lower than 5.5V (Minimum input voltage = 5.2V)

The used switches are difficult to find on the market, but I can buy tons of them in SEA and will ship them to you. Shipping cost from Thailand to elsewhere in the world is about 10% of the international shipping price.

The redesigned PCB has been made in a board house in Bulgaria and I might order one extra board for you saving on tooling cost (That board house only charges film expenses for the Gerber photo plot - no machine setup costs involved).

Boncuk

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…