Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Embarrassing local accident

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nigel Goodwin

Super Moderator
Most Helpful Member
This is a picture from just down the road from where I live, they had a little accident on Friday, the site is still shut down awaiting investigation from the Health and Safety Executive. The driver lost a finger in the accident, which was presumably all his fault? - apparently he was driving across the site with the 'jib' extended.

Incidentally the house he hit was a completed one, and was subject to an 'open house' day this weekend.

Accident.jpg

Incidentally the house he hit was a completed one, and was subject to an 'open house' day this weekend.
Or not!! "as it were"

I hope it hasn't one of my instruments on it!!:nailbiting:

On the front of this tractor there are "feet" that should have been employed to make it more stable. I can see they were not down.

I see the boom is fully extended. That is when these things happen. BUT If the tractor tipped over to the left,....this happens when the boom is moved to the left and has a heavy load too far out. I don't see the load anywhere, on the roof or ground. I don't know if this tractor can swing the boom left or right but now it is very much straight ahead. SO Why did it tip over? What force acted on it? Was it driving at the time? (feet up is a hint) There is no hole for the left tires to fall into. The ground looks "flat". Maybe the ground is not level.

In Devon that would be considered precision driving for skylight installation! You sure it was an accident? Its kinda how I would make a hole for a roof light if I was in a rush :D

You know how some put a bent finger in there mouth after making a foof up? I bet thats how he lost his :D

On the front of this tractor there are "feet" that should have been employed to make it more stable. I can see they were not down.

As I explained in my OP, he was driving across the site, with the jib extended - 'presumably' with a load? (although I couldn't see any evidence of that, but they might have cleared it away).

Purely as a matter of interest (and to horrify our American readers), these houses are about £300,000 :eek:

£310,000 with the new skylight :p

quite embarassing indeed, luckily no one didn't get hurt? i suppose that's main thing, houses can be rebuild

Do you know which finger NG ?

View attachment 94947 :)

No, I'm afraid not :D

Luckily there was a lady passing by who's first aid trained, so she administered first aid and arranged for them to take him to the local hospital (about 5 or 6 miles away).

However, she struggled getting them to understand the seriousness of the situation, and while he seemed OK at the time he was actually going in to shock - she wanted them to ring emergency services to notify the hospital they were bringing a casualty in, and for two people to take him, one to drive and the other to look after him. It's also pretty important that the finger be re-attached ASAP, if it's to have the best hope of surviving.

However, she struggled getting them to understand the seriousness of the situation, and while he seemed OK at the time he was actually going in to shock - she wanted them to ring emergency services to notify the hospital they were bringing a casualty in, and for two people to take him, one to drive and the other to look after him. It's also pretty important that the finger be re-attached ASAP, if it's to have the best hope of surviving.
I'm no doctor but this somehow sounds like un-propfessional hospital crew. Sure, it was only finger, but yeah, as you said, getting it back and we all know how fast infections can starts dwelling on certain people, like i have lower immunity for all infections, i get them easier

There's a good chance they can re-attach the finger tip. When my sister was a kid she lost her finger tip in a shop door hinge, but the shop manager paid for a taxi to get her to hospital quickly and the operation to re-attach the tip was successful. She has full use of that finger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back